Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,
Please understand that, unlike most of the collector guns that I post about, I can offer very few details on this one. No SN, no SN prefix, photos of the label, etc.
A few of these FDE guns (just over 100 IIRC, I have the exact number in my records, but can't recall exactly) were made for the FBI HRT. Only two - this and another - ever left the FBI.
Just to ally any questions, this gun was, of course, obtained 100% legally in every respect.
The SN range is earlier and totally different from any that went to the Glock guys or any others that I've seen.
This is a true FBI gun that went to the FBI.
I'm posting these pics for educational purposes given the confusion over what DLC internals look like, what a real FBI gun is, etc.
As you'll see, the DLC internals are jet black and have a different number than the non-DLC ones. The color is not subtle.
Hope this is useful.

IMG_20191023_140539.jpg
IMG_20191023_140543.jpg
IMG_20191023_140546.jpg
IMG_20191023_140555.jpg
IMG_20191023_140557.jpg
IMG_20191023_140736.jpg
IMG_20191023_141121.jpg

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Folks,
I've had this for a while but not posted about it.
Please understand that, unlike most of the collector guns that I post about I can offer very few details on this one. No SN, no photos of the label, etc.
A few of these FDE guns (just over 100 IIRC, I have the exact number in my records, but can't recall exactly) were made for the FBI HRT. Only two - this and another - ever left the FBI.
Just to ally any questions, this gun was, of course, obtained 100% legally in every respect.
The SN range is earlier and totally different from any that went to the Glock guys or any others that I've seen.
This is a true FBI gun that went to the FBI.
I'm posting these pics for educational purposes given the confusion over what DLC internals look like, what a real FBI gun is, etc.
As you'll see, the DLC internals are jet black and have a different number than the non-DLC ones. The color is not subtle.
Hope this is useful.

View attachment 640632 View attachment 640634 View attachment 640636 View attachment 640638 View attachment 640640 View attachment 640642 View attachment 640644
Interesting and thanks for the info. I sure do enjoy seeing your posts.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting and thanks for the info. I sure do enjoy seeing your posts.

Thanks!! Glad that you enjoy them.

·
Premium Member
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys...

I should have added that it's not for sale, not even for stupid money. Just posted for educational reference.

R

Reactions: peanuts2018

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
11,227 Posts
Never seen internals like that...not sure exactly what that coating is...do we have any info on the expected wear on these internals to be less than the standard coatings/finish?

·
Premium Member
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never seen internals like that...not sure exactly what that coating is...do we have any info on the expected wear on these internals to be less than the standard coatings/finish?
they're true nDLC intenals per FBI spec. I'm sure that the wear info is well described. However, unfortunately they don't release any info at all on these internals of the FBI Spec guns.

·
Premium Member
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In natural light....

IMG_20191023_143523.jpg
IMG_20191023_143531.jpg
IMG_20191023_143533.jpg
MVIMG_20191023_143607.jpg
IMG_20191023_143611.jpg

·
Bathed in lavender and gasoline
4,086 Posts
DLC is common on off road racing suspension components to reduce friction and offer protection on sliding parts ( the part that's normally chrome - think hydraulic cylinder rod) .

Another type is called Kashima and TiN. There are several companies offering these coatings on small parts if you wanted to diy.

DLC is almost always black, TiN can be gold or other colors, Kashima looks like bronze, and Chome is, well Chrome. They are all pretty similar.

Left two forks are TiN, right two forks are DLC.
s1600_s1200_kitcrfall.jpg

Kashima - gold/bronze
Kashima.jpg

·
21,360 Posts
Hey guys...

I should have added that it's not for sale, not even for stupid money. Just posted for educational reference.

R
I was going to offer to pay off your mortgage for it but I appreciate you clarifying. I will put the money back into savings ;)

·
Premium Member
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: peanuts2018

·
21,360 Posts
Hey I mean maybe if u offer to pay all his Bill's and support his lifestyle I think he may say maybe lmfao

GH and I would make a cute couple. He has the guns and I have enough ammo to last several lifetimes.

·
Premium Member
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BTW...

This is the only Glock that I've ever handled that won't go back together unless I push the firing pin safety down and push the FP all the way forward.

I actually called Glock and asked about this. They said that the FBI's Ms are made to tighter tolerances and that this is common with them. They said that the nDLC is to make for a smoother action and for corrosion resistance. That's the most (the only) that anyone there has discussed these with me.

I told them that I'm an LEO (which I am) and that I had an actual FBI M - so at least they'd discuss it.

·
Premium Member
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I notice the barrel has the Georgia proof. Do the slide and frame also have it?
Yes. GA proof slide, GA "Made in USA" frame.

Glock guy BDSY prefix 19Ms are Austria slides and frames. Great pick up. I never noticed this difference before.

An interesting difference.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts