Phone calls for MA Senate Race

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ChiefWPD, Jan 17, 2010.

1. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

I have gotten literally over a dozen phone calls over the last couple of days in regard the MA senate race. Even the President called me! Well, OK, it was a recording, but anyway…

I’ve been called by sports figures, political leaders and relatives of the candidates. Darn, I am one popular and powerful guy. Who knew?

Wonder if these calls actually make a difference?

Vote early, vote often, that's my motto.

:rofl:

2. raven11

raven11

in this case , i would go by the candidate that called me least, he has to be the less desperate one

3. capecodcowboy

capecodcowboy

Chief how does the LEO's in Mass feel about Jokeley??? As the Former AG that watched her own staff assault someone in front of her eyes, you have to wonder about her morals or lack their of.
    All the best Chief And I look forward to riding through your town in this years PMC.

4. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Yeah, they've pull out the big guns for sure. They (the demos), unlike their opposite number simply have to win, they have to. If they don't, every proposal and/or policy the President has up for grabs, is dead on arrival. They understand what this election means for them, no more all powerful control of the Congress. They just can't afford to lose. So, in what they think is good politics, are bringing in ALL their "heavy hitters". Two Presidents, and a bunch of national and local celebrities.

Brown on the other hand, is doing so well just to be in his position of "staying even" with Coakly. Of course he's had Rudy campaign for him as well too. But an ex-mayor against two Presidents? We'll see. While we see the implications of a Repub running this close in a vastly Liberal state, all they're focused on is "winning". And that's somewhat to their credit. They know a loss would be the end of their rule, literally. We have many more chances.

Brown may have a chance, but it'll be a tough battle for him. Just remember what his staying this close means, and don't be too concerned if he losses. If conservatives stay this close in Mass, the place absolutely no one thought it even possible for him to show his face, the rest of the US elections has to give them pause.

They are so very worried and concerned, and they should be. Because even if she wins, this will tell all the other Demos in Congress just how "safe" their job ..................isn't. Even if she wins, don't expect all little o's polices to just breeze along now. He's in serious trouble.:tongueout:

5. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

I can only speculate...

:wavey:

6. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

Did he invite you to the White House for beers??:drunk:

7. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

Ignoring Connecticut's Unconstitutional laws
    I thought that I read that Coakley got the support of the Mass Chiefs of Police, but SPAM supports Brown. . .

As a Chief, do they actually ask your opinion or is it decided for you?

8. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Now we know what the folks in NH go thru the weeks before the Presidential Primaries. My brother speaks of this often, but DANG!

I musta got 8 calls today!

Prayin Chokely goes down.

9. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

The big one that's for Brown is the US Chamber of Commerce. Wifey asked, "Why would they run a pro-Brown ad?"

To derail this health-care disaster.

10. garyjandfamily

garyjandfamily

If not, just walk on in. It's the President's new open-door policy...:whistling:

11. Gallium

Gallium CLM

If ChiefWPD is actually :whistling: a police chief, it would not behoove him to make public comments with regards to this stuff. So far the stuff he's posted is what happens to "anyman" (the phone calls).

:cool:

NYC Drew - actually met the chief!

12. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

Ignoring Connecticut's Unconstitutional laws

I hadn't thought of this. . . I just wondered if the police unions and Chief's associations actually talk to the cops/chiefs before they support a candidate

13. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

Drew is spot on.

Howdy Drew! :wavey:

14. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I saw Juan Williams on the Wallace news hour on Fox yesterday. He was on it for sure. He stated that if passed, all Americans would simply love Health Care and would fight to keep it. I believe this is the way all Washington Liberals speak to each other about it. Sort of the, "We know better than them, and besides......they'll love us for it.". Their desire and clinically dangerous supposition that they just have to be loved, by everyone, is one of their more frightening beliefs. It causes them to do such rotten, low bred, and insane things.......all just to have other folks "love them". What a spooky bunch of folks, and everyone who thinks that way is the same.

But he said something that got my attention, something to the effect that this was just politics as usual, when asked about a full page add ran against Brown that appeared to be a lie. He said "Of course it's a lie, but he may not have the time to come out from under it.". The other panel members jumped on him for stating that it was seemingly OK, because it was just politics as usual, something little o promised wouldn't happen in HIS administration. But the point is, Williams seemed to believe a lie was perfectly appropriate in a campaign, as long as it was the "correct" side doing it.

That's the difference between us, the right and the left. The belief that any means to reach your goal is in fact..............just fine. It's only the American people after all, and who are they? That the right has begun to mimic their approach is more than a bit worrisome to me, it's angering. Neither side has the "right" to lie to us just to win votes, and that they get away with it because both sides supporters don't really care, only seems to guaranty more of it.

Watched the show while napping, hope I got the right information. May be remembering one or more shows together, I'm not sure.

But we're the ones who should be ashamed, for even allowing them to get away with such foolishness.

But for what it's worth......................Go Brown!