Glock Talk banner

Phoenix Drake almost here…finally

803 30

I’ve literally been waiting for this pistol since before the pandemic. It does appear the Drake is finally headed for US shores either this week or next.

I absolutely love the Phoenix Redback and the Drake is basically a Redback on steroids. Here we have a full 5” barrel, a magwell, super light and crisp SAO trigger and an internal barrel bushing much like the Briley design. Phoenix actually used a Briley bushing originally, but found them to fail at the 15-20K round mark (yes they do extensive testing). Developing their own bushing was part of the delay.

At any rate, Phoenix products are as good as handguns get. My Redbacks shoot as accurately as any handgun in my collection. The Drake with its enhancements could just put it over the top. Besides all that awesome performance, you get top notch Swiss materials and build quality. I expect the Drake to be my best performing handgun and I don’t think I’ve ever said that before.

If you want one, you have to act soon, as I believe the first batch of 40 or so pistols is nearly sold out.

More to come…
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
Glocks: I have two G34.3’s, one G45, one G44, one G48 plus other revolvers, rifles and shotguns 😎
299 Posts
I had to go look these up. Very nice looking pistols.
Search Hint: Use “Phoenix AG” as a search name, not “Phoenix Handguns”. You get two very different results. Quality vs Crap. 😆

Though I will not be buying one I can appreciate the looks, quality and performance of these fine pistols.

·
M&P
6,433 Posts

·
JAFO
15,003 Posts
Now that's a mag well. :)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts

I’ve literally been waiting for this pistol since before the pandemic. It does appear the Drake is finally headed for US shores either this week or next.

I absolutely love the Phoenix Redback and the Drake is basically a Redback on steroids. Here we have a full 5” barrel, a magwell, super light and crisp SAO trigger and an internal barrel bushing much like the Briley design. Phoenix actually used a Briley bushing originally, but found them to fail at the 15-20K round mark (yes they do extensive testing). Developing their own bushing was part of the delay.

At any rate, Phoenix products are as good as handguns get. My Redbacks shoot as accurately as any handgun in my collection. The Drake with its enhancements could just put it over the top. Besides all that awesome performance, you get top notch Swiss materials and build quality. I expect the Drake to be my best performing handgun and I don’t think I’ve ever said that before.

If you want one, you have to act soon, as I believe the first batch of 40 or so pistols is nearly sold out.

More to come…
I’ve been waiting for you to post about this

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
About $1500. Not my cup o’ tea, but neither are Crocs and they sell plenty of those.
They cost much more then that my friend. The redback has an msrp of 4k. If you can find one for less, you should jump on it because they are a work of art.

I fully expect to the Drake to cost more. I haven’t called the attic yet to check pricing.

·
Registered
130,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Website says 1400 euros for a Phoenix Redback. I’m guessing you overpaid for that thing.
Lol I’m guessing you have no idea what you’re taking about (as usual).

The Fusion Standard is starting at 1400 Euros.

The Redback heavy is 3500 Euros, which puts it in the $4000 range after conversion and importation. The Drake is $1000 to $1500 more

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

The Fusion Standard is starting at 1400 Euros.

The Redback heavy is 3500 Euros, which puts it in the $4000 range after conversion and importation. The Drake is $1000 to $1500 more
Well, the website has the price for a Redback at 1400 euros…yeah, you’re waaay overpaying for a Sphinx retread.

But it’s your money. Enjoy it while parts are available.

·
JAFO
15,003 Posts

His posts are slightly predictable aren't they. ;)

Reactions: grecco

·
Registered
130,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
They cost much more then that my friend. The redback has an msrp of 4k. If you can find one for less, you should jump on it because they are a work of art.

I fully expect to the Drake to cost more. I haven’t called the attic yet to check pricing.
Drake should be in the $5000 to $5500 range, depending on exact options.

Honestly, it’s still not bad, based on how nice they are

·
Registered
130,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 31 Posts