Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Much like most guys here, I too bring firearms & ammo on my travels. Because of what I do, it's even necessary for me to bring as much as a dozen firearms and more ammo than the airline would care to have. Solutions are found and at the end I get what I want.

I'm not a big fan of PAL for many reasons but what I do appreciate from them is the fact that they give me the least hassle when travelling with guns and ammo. Unless you've flown other airlines internationally, you simply don't know how difficult it could be.

The point I'm making is that rather than bash PAL, we should just accept the fact that a handling fee must be paid. P300 is cheap compared to what others charge. Remember that the airline does not force you to bring your gun and ammo when you travel, that's solely your decision. And on the premise that it is necessary for you to do so, be content with the fact that at least you are able to do so at a cost which would hardly put a dent on your wallet. I'd rather pay for a reasonable amount for service than a draconian policy of absolutely no guns or ammo allowed for air travel.

· Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by st. matthew
guys,ilang rounds ng 9mm ang 5 kgs or 11 lbs of ammo?
5 kilos equates to roughly:

300-350 rounds of 125 gr. 9mm
200-250 rounds of 180 gr. .40SW
200-220 rounds of 230 gr. .45 ACP

The above are estimates depending on the packaging.

Also, the limit of 5 kilos is an IATA ruling (not just PAL) by which all airlines are supposed to abide by. In certain cases, airlines may choose to waive it or impose more restrictions.

An extreme example is Garuda Airlines, where for domestic flights within Indonesia, there is no limit on firearms but restricts you to only 12 rounds of ammo.

· Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by st. matthew
what about paperwork? pag may ptc,are you good to go or meron pang additional requirements na kailangan?
For local travel, the only paperwork you need is a copy of your firearms license and either a PTCFOR or PTT.

For international travel, you would need a copy of your firearms license plus an authorization from the PNP allowing you to enter & exit the country with firearms & ammo (sort of like an international PTT). In addition, you will need to fill out a Customs Declaration form which will prove that the you are re-importing firearms that you have exported out of the country. Lastly, you will need to coordinate the carraige of arms & ammo with the airline you are flying and usually they will require that you submit the documents mentioned above plus the authorization or license for the arms & ammo issued by your country of destination.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.