Philadelphia police arrest protestor. DA reviews video and instead charges police officer.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

It was a black officer who ordered the other cop, "Hit him!!" because the "protester" was physically interfering with the black officer. I sure hope he's willing to back up his fellow officer.

nevernuffglock likes this.

2. collim1

collim1

First off it hit her across the back. Second off she was interfering with an arrest.

What a joke.

clamcop369, sarge40, unit 900 and 3 others like this.
  3. Barry581

Barry581

That's despicable. So basically the cops aren't supposed to protect/defend themselves. I honestly cannot comprehend what the **** is going on any more.

Sgt127, DonGlock26 and nevernuffglock like this.
  4. John_AZ

John_AZ

All that funding for police can be moved to pay pensions because everyone is just going to retire and move to the country.

slym2none, DonGlock26 and ranger1968 like this.
  5. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    Ridiculous......

Who are these prosecutors that are charging cops in these incidents? Where are the department admins that should be backing these guys up?

Total bull****.

John_AZ likes this.
  6. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

I'm telling ya...we are going to see real-time streaming to a DA, who will make an immediate decision on criminality...no case, no action...walk away...will take every bit of discretion away from the LEO's...they will become human drones

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    DonGlock26 likes this.
  7. John_AZ

John_AZ

who are they? Look at the ballots for county attorney. They’re probably the ones with a D next to their name.

ranger1968 likes this.
  8. merlynusn

merlynusn

Let’s not forget that the “protester” threw a baton to another “protester” before being arrested. So we have an armed protester who was actively interfering with an arrest by assaulting officers with a deadly weapon in their hand.

Ohsheepdog likes this.
  9. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

No surprise,

The Philly DA Larry Krasner has openly declared war on cops.

119922 and Newcop761 like this.
  10. John_AZ

John_AZ

it’s already getting bad. Had a felony DUI case. Described driving in my report. Got a further “is there video of the driving behaviors?”

No, idiot. And if there was, don’t you think I would have mentioned it and included it?

billy_56081 likes this.
  11. Ftttu

Ftttu

For many years of my career, we made our arrests without a warrant based on probable cause only. After the arrest, we would transport to the station, work up the paperwork, transport to a magistrate, get magistrate's warning and bond set, and then transport to the jail.

After many years of that, we then went kicking and screaming into a new system where we could only detain someone based on probable cause and then contact the DA's office where we would provide them the case information. It was then up to them to make the decision is they wanted us to arrest or not.

The power of an officer is his authority to arrest someone based 'only' on probable cause. That new system turned us into the drones mentioned above. The DA stripped us of our authority, and i've never forgiven them for this.

119922, slym2none and Newcop761 like this.
  12. BOOSTED12A

BOOSTED12A

If this isn't a case for street Judges....not the judge dred type. The Lilly soft hands of the suit wearing office dwellers need to be on the street to make the call and the arrest since they know so much.

DonGlock26 likes this.
  13. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Homicides are going to explode across the Democrat-managed cities this summer, and
    Democrats will only have themselves to blame.

119922, vikingsoftpaw and BOOSTED12A like this.
  14. unit 900

unit 900

And again, both suspects and victims will be overwhelmingly black. The failure of Democrat mayors should never be forgotten by voters. Wait, unless they can loot at will and act out without restraint. All will be forgiven, except by the shattered families of the victims. It's homicide cops that speak for most inner city victims.

Newcop761, merlynusn and DonGlock26 like this.
  15. blueiron

blueiron

This will be the new normal for anyone aspiring to be elected. Indict cops or strip away their rights, privileges, and pensions.

Retire if you can or switch careers. Based on what happened during the 1960s and 1970s, it took around 20 years for overt hate against the police to ebb. It is just starting to escalate now, so few of you will see it reduce to 2014 to 2017 levels before a normal retirement date has come and gone.

Sgt127 and Dukeboy01 like this.
  16. bikerdog

bikerdog

So a rioter armed with a baton who is actively engaged in fighting a police officer trying to effect an arrest is hit with a baton by a cover unit trying to control the situation. And now the officer is being charged ? Guys the inmates have the keys to the bus. I litterly can’t even wrap my head around the level of stupid I’m seeing right now. I fortunately work in a jurisdiction that is something like 90 republican and around here we have way more support than we need from the community, I feel bad for you guys who don’t.

17. 4949shooter

4949shooter

Not for nothing but I wouldn't have hit that little wimp like that. He or she was already disengaging anyway. One push and the little **** was off them.

Newcop761 and Dragoon44 like this.
  18. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

That and aren't head and neck strikes still verboten?

If he didn't actually strike the neck he was still to close.

Would have been better off punching her in the face.