Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
80,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Philadelphia licensed gun owner claims self defense in shooting of 3 teens aboard bus: police

A licensed gun owner in Philadelphia is claiming self-defense after shooting three teens who were allegedly attacking him on a public transit bus, police said Thursday.

The 24-year-old man, who police said had a concealed-carry permit for his weapon, was sitting in the back of the bus when the group approached him and an altercation soon followed, according to Lt. Dennis Rosenbaum of Northeast Detectives.

Responding officers found three males with leg wounds outside the SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) bus after it came to a halt in the northeast section of the city shortly after 1 a.m., the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

"There were about three other people on the bus at the time who were not involved," Police Chief Inspector Scott Small told Philadelphia's WPVI-TV. "Those three individuals were transported to Northeast Detectives as witnesses. The 35-year-old bus driver was not injured and not involved."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadel...ense-in-shooting-of-3-teens-aboard-bus-police "

More at above link:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Based on the news article write up - it is good that the Victim had a CHL and was able to defend himself against the Thugs.

Would be interesting to get the follow up on the outcome of this case.

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
I know that area well.

Neighborhood trying to be “OK” but after dark, well, you know.......

..... Finally a shooter who takes the media advice to “shoot them in the legs”.....

Self Defender when asked why he shot one of the Yute’s in the butt replied “rectum, I darn near killed him.....”

·
Registered
80,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Based on the news article write up - it is good that the Victim had a CHL and was able to defend himself against the Thugs.

Would be interesting to get the follow up on the outcome of this case.
No mention of race yet, so mainstream media will have to delay meltdown or ignore decision.

·
emeritus
3,878 Posts
I know that area well.

Neighborhood trying to be “OK” but after dark, well, you know.......

..... Finally a shooter who takes the media advice to “shoot them in the legs”.....

Self Defender when asked why he shot one of the Yute’s in the butt replied “rectum, I darn near killed him.....”
Timing is everything! LOL! Graphic alert:

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=k1ZLF_1587027307&p=1

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
"Philadelphia licensed gun owner claims self defense in shooting of 3 teens aboard bus: police

A licensed gun owner in Philadelphia is claiming self-defense after shooting three teens who were allegedly attacking him on a public transit bus, police said Thursday.

The 24-year-old man, who police said had a concealed-carry permit for his weapon, was sitting in the back of the bus when the group approached him and an altercation soon followed, according to Lt. Dennis Rosenbaum of Northeast Detectives.

Responding officers found three males with leg wounds outside the SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) bus after it came to a halt in the northeast section of the city shortly after 1 a.m., the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

"There were about three other people on the bus at the time who were not involved," Police Chief Inspector Scott Small told Philadelphia's WPVI-TV. "Those three individuals were transported to Northeast Detectives as witnesses. The 35-year-old bus driver was not injured and not involved."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadel...ense-in-shooting-of-3-teens-aboard-bus-police "

More at above link:
Hopefully we’ll find out if the license holder gets charged or not.

·
Why so serious?
65,914 Posts
Not a Cop so no questions, just high fives and circle snaps.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
A good defense attorney can find about 12 hours worth of video demonstrating the violent nature of 3 on 1 urban youth attacks.

Including the obligatory sucker knock out punch, rib kicking and head stomping that justifies employing deadly force to protect oneself from the inevitable outcome.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Interested to see how this pans out...
Me too. I would think if he was in fact attacked by three people he should be in the clear.

Innocence- seems to be on his side

Imminence- sounds like the threat was
happening at that very moment

Proportionality- with three vs one I would definitely argue his response was proportional to the threat.

Avoidance- I would say doesn’t matter as I would be pretty hard to retreat on a bus.

Reasonableness- if all the above are on his side pretty hard not to conclude that it was reasonable for him to assume that he would be a victim of great bodily harm.

No idea for sure of course not knowing the whole story. I guess it just depends on what attacked means. Whole different scenario if it wasn’t physical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 89 Posts