close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pharaoh's new hip or his next one!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Pharaoh, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Ok folks here it is hot off the press.

I collapsed the OEM hip joint getting back on my new one. DAAAAA !!!! That was the short of it. The pain level is back to where it was before my right hip was replaced.

My appointment was set for 0930 and I did not see the doc. until 1145. He was called to the hospital at 0530 this morning to do an emergency operation of a lady he had done 4 years ago (a new Knee for her) she fell and compound fractured it during night and as the story goes the doc was very late.

While waiting I had a full set of new x-rays taken and yep you guessed it the OEM hip has collapsed and now needs to be done. Doc told me you plan it when every your ready or when you have had enough pain. You call in and we will schedule to do the surgery. Now all I have to do is get this by the folks at my job. (this ought to be good)

Once I run this by the folks I work for I will no how much in the future my next hip replacement surgery will be. Stay tuned.

I better laugh at it now cause I am really not looking forward to going back under the knife so soon.

Pete

2. Clem

Clem

Sorry to hear you're gonna have to undergo surgery earlier than expected, Pete. Hope it goes as well or better than the other you had done, with a lot less pain!! You'll once again be in our thoughts & prayers, my friend. May your down time be short & your recovery quick. Take care & God bless!! Tony & Donna.

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Pete;

I know you will be glad to get it over and back to no pain. The folks at work must realize they have a valuable worker that will be much more productive when he is repaired. I am pulling for you old buddy. Keep us posted.

4. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Pete,

I hope you have a successful surgery this time that takes away that pain. I hope your work realizes that you will work better if you're not in pain. I'm sure they'll be pulling for you as well. With a new hip, you'll be shooting better than ever. You will be in my prayers. Take care, Pete, and I hope your pain can be gone.

. . .Sharon;a ;a

5. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Pete, my second hip was replaced not quite a year ago and approximately three years apart ( 3 years of anticipation). Usually one hip gives you fits and the other one is a breeze....you already have had the one that has caused you extra grief...time for this to breeze by. Get this done right away and we want to see ya at least in a chair at a match telling us what Life's about ole buddy....I thinks this one's going to go faster than you think and we will see ya yet this year...with two new hips one won't be pulling the weight for two.... ;f

Oh....just had a double hernia repaired 3 weeks ago was released that afternoon with no restrictions, the next day was on the eliptical machine for an hour....lifted a 400 pound package three days later and everything is still holding up and now I have the groin of a 21 year old and this Saturday I'm off to the range.....Pete you will too....a Positive attitude and you have what it takes...keep the faith.;f ;f

6. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

A 21 year olds groin. Hummmm I wonder what his wife is thinking?
    Hummmmmmmmmm. Thank you.

Pete