Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Glock Talk Newb here.....

I think I messed up guys. I've been looking into getting into the suppressor game, and also dabbling in the 80% lower world for some time now. I've successfully built several AR platforms off 80%'s, so I figured, time to do a pistol! And since I'm looking at Suppressors in the near future, why not a .45 acp? Wish I'd have know how hard PF45/G21 parts are to obtain, and just gone with a G19 build, they're everywhere it seems.

So the question is, I've managed to obtain everything for the slide, and milled the lower... But what's the most reasonable way to obtain the lower parts? Just the slide, barrel, and Slide kit have blown my budget up.... any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Sign up for as many email notifications from different vendors as possible and be quick to act when you get the notifications. Definitely stick with OEM parts as much as possible. Remember that all of the lower parts are Gen 3 EXCEPT FOR THE TRIGGER HOUSING, The PF45 uses a Gen 4 G21/21SF trigger housing. And do NOT loose the little round spring that came with the frame, that is the slide lock spring. If you do loose that spring, it is a Gen 5 slide lock spring.

Here is a parts list for building a PF45.

Font Material property Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, are there any parts interchangeable from a G22 OR G34, both Gen 3? I have tons of those parts lying around, and my Google-Fu is weak....

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
So, are there any parts interchangeable from a G22 OR G34, both Gen 3? I have tons of those parts lying around, and my Google-Fu is weak....
Okay the G22 is chambered in 40 S&W so the slide, barrel, extractor, spring loaded bearing, and firing pin will be different then the 9mm G17/34 parts. On the lower the difference is the ejector. You need to use the correct 40/357 ejector for a 40 or 357 slide.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay the G22 is chambered in 40 S&W so the slide, barrel, extractor, spring loaded bearing, and firing pin will be different then the 9mm G17/34 parts. On the lower the difference is the ejector. You need to use the correct 40/357 ejector for a 40 or 357 slide.
Apologies, I meant any overlap between the G22/g34, and the G21/PF45 lower parts. I really appreciate the help and advice

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Apologies, I meant any overlap between the G22/g34, and the G21/PF45 lower parts. I really appreciate the help and advice
If your G22/34 parts are all Gen 3 then the only part that will work in a PF45 frame is the connector, slide lock lever and trigger pin. The PF45 uses a Gen 4 trigger housing and a Gen 5 slide lock spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts