close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PETA Campaign Pitches Fish As Smart

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Sixgun_Symphony, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Sixgun_Symphony

Sixgun_Symphony NRA4EVR

NEW YORK - Touting tofu chowder and vegetarian sushi as alternatives, animal-rights activists have launched a novel campaign arguing that fish — contrary to stereotype — are intelligent, sensitive animals no more deserving of being eaten than a pet dog or cat.

*full story*

2. vafish

vafish

Well I would say that fish are smarter than the average PETA member.

3. noway

noway

{sensitive animals no more deserving of being eaten than a pet dog or cat}

I'll take this into consideration as I finish my last plate of cod frtitters ;Q

"It's irresponsible to discourage people from eating fish at a time when doctors and dietitians advise eating it twice a week," said institute president John Connelly. "If anything, we should be eating more fish."

that's my stand on it also.

4. engineer151515

engineer151515

;z ;z ;z

5. dougader

dougader

You couldn't be more correct. Who among us needs a group of B-12 deficient vegans telling is what to eat?

No offense to those that choose a vegetarian lifestyle, but the nuts at PETA (and their like-minded propaganda makers at PCRM) are in another class.

6. MDT

MDT Glock21Love

Let's organize a fishing trip to Berkely or other likely PETA habitat. A nice chunk of Tofu on a treble hook. Try to place it near a nice display of hemp or Birkenstocks. You gotta play 'em. Don't react too quickly. But at that magical moment, pull hard to set the hook! They will flop for awhile, but they soon tire out. The cool thing is, no limit!!! And don't feel bad, they can't feel it, their brains don't register ANYTHING!!!;f

MDT

7. wanderinwalker

wanderinwalker 1911

Right. I MIGHT ALMOST buy that if it weren't for the simple fact that I can catch a fish, let it go and catch it again within 20 minutes. Most animal-rights activists don't have a clue how their animals actually react in their natural environment. A fish swims, eats and makes little fish. They DO get harder to catch if you fish the same spot every day for a week, but skip a few days and you'll be back in business.

8. Hoingshiba

Hoingshiba willhunt4food

I just bought a shirt that reads "PETA People for the eating of Tasty Animals" on the front and "There's plenty of room for all God's creatures: right next to my mashed potatoes" on the back.
    Now it seems I am in a hard place because I am like the rest of you in my thinking, but I am addicted to the comfort of birkenstocks - too bad the hippies had to give them such a bum rap. Seriously, dont knock 'em till you've tried 'em. That said, my Tevas usually are my footwear of choice for summer hikes. - My name is Trevor , and I love birkenstocks

9. MDT

MDT Glock21Love

That's OK! I kinda like tofu on occasion (don't tell anyone!).

MDT

10. nyredneck

nyredneck كا&

Hoingshiba and MDT , You People make Me sick! Put some frigin' boots on, slap some meat and taters on your plate and shut yer yaps!!;f ;f
    BTW just kidding!

11. MDT

MDT Glock21Love

Dude,

Tofu with MEAT gravy;f

MDT

12. nyredneck

nyredneck كا&

well then, that's better!;f

13. noway

noway

LOL

{I MIGHT ALMOST buy that if it weren't for the simple fact that I can catch a fish, let it go and catch it again within 20 minutes. }

that sounds like a bluegill that I caught. I caught the same fat bluegill 3 times in a row in the same spot. The 3rd time he caught the edge of the fillet knife and the scale scraper. ;)

{ "PETA People for the eating of Tasty Animals" on the front and "There's plenty of room for all God's creatures: right next to my mashed potatoes"}

Now that's a shirt that I could wear. Yeap I like all of the tofu and veggie only people, cause that means more meat for me. ;f

14. Dogbite

Dogbite DNT TREAD ON ME

Peta--true KOOKS!! They dressed up like animals and sat in cages on the street--to protest the circus coming to town...please.News flash!! People are more important than animals,go and help some of the humans!!! :soap:

15. StockGlock23

StockGlock23 Hilarious!

HEADLINE: FISH Campaign Pitches PETA As Smart
    Dateline USA -
    This arguement was overturned by the common sense rule and has been thrown out without the possibility of further discussion.

These peolpe have done everything from attacking hunters to drilling holes in the bottom of fishing boats. If I ever hear a drill rev up anywhere near my boat the outboard will roar full blast and god have mercy on who ever is sitting below.

NOTE: Some details have been modified with creativity. ;f

16. SIG_220

SIG_220

I feel that this pic is appropriate.