close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Personal messages

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Tvov, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Tvov

Tvov

About personal messages:

I keep reading that I have "0 new messages, 6 messages total" in my personal messages area. Are those "6 messages" old messages that I tried to delete? Is there some way to delete them? I can't seem to figure out how to bring them back up to re-read them, or to permanently delete them. This is no big deal, just curious, and if they are taking up storage space somewhere, they should be deleted.

Of course, I am probably missing something obvious in how to delete those messages....

2. Gary W Trott

Gary W Trott Prickley Fan

Dear Tvov,

To see all of your messages you will want to use the "Show Messages From" menu. you can choose from one day to forever (the beginning). The reason you cannot see your messages is that they are too old for the setting. To delete a message you can either click in the box to the right of it in the main listing and then click on the "Delete" button at the bottom, or you can delete each message after reading it. Stay safe, Gary

3. Tvov

Tvov

Nope, doesn't work. When I go to the Private Messages area, it says there are no messages, old or new. Yet, when I go to the GT home page, it says I have private messages still. Grrh.:(

4. Fred

Fred Lifetime Member Millennium Member

I sometimes forget that there are messages stored in my "Sent" folder, as well as "Message Tracking". There's a drop-down box toward the upper right of your screen where you can access all your folders.

5. Tvov

Tvov

Yep, that was it. Thanks! I think it is all cleared up. I figured it was something simple I was missing.

6. Fred

Fred Lifetime Member Millennium Member

glad it's fixed. :cool: