People wear masks to show they care. They really really care

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by The Father, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Nutty Professor 188

Nutty Professor 188 Patrol Corporal

Myself and a few of my officers were having a cup of coffee at a local convenience store this morning after briefing. We had our masks and gaiters down. A guy walked by and loudly said "thanks for a wearing masks, guys! A$$HOLES!" as he exited the store. He went and got in his Tesla and waited for a bit before he left.

Maybe it made him feel better.

Agonizer likes this.
  2. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

3. Jan R Whitaker

Jan R Whitaker

I wear my mask going into establishments and leaving them. That's it, and that's only to keep the business owners out of trouble. I don't wear a mask while driving my car or outside. I am not a Biden voter.

9XX19mm and Agonizer like this.
  4. Wurger

Wurger

Worked in Level 1 trauma center with 40 ORs for 15 years. Masks are of limited benefit. Wear one if you like but they are mainly bull fecal matter. Don’t bash someone who doesn’t as long as they aren’t coughing on you. Everyday at the hospital we deal with MRSA, MDRO, CDIFF, CJD, VRE infected patients. These diseases will kill us in higher percentages than COVID if contracted. Most of us are fed up with the crap of wearing the masks when out of the hospital and most take them off in the break room. Ignorance and political gain from panic are the prime movers in mask mandates, not science based safety.

Sick and tired of Sh*t Heads in charge. Pa Wolf And Levine are murders for forcing rehab facilities to take COVID patients during the spike. Mr Levine moved his mother out to a hotel to save her while sentencing other seniors to death. Democrat pukes. Killing senior and the infirm the same way they have been killing babies. God is not amused. Reckoning will occur in His timing. Nothing is hidden which will not be made known.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  5. Wurger

Wurger

Agonizer and redneck ron like this.
  6. Dave514

Dave514

7. Wurger

Wurger

Not at all. You don’t understand. The air blown out the sides is not filtered in any way. It is “failure” of the function of the mask.

The most important user fitment issue in wearing a N95 (effective for COVID-19) mask is that no air passes around the sides. The user is tested using an over-hood into which Saccharin powder is instilled. If the user tastes/smells the sacarin, the mask fitting has failed and another type of mask/respirator needs to be tried.

The article (shown in your post) is interesting in its review of the theory that the reduction of the viral dose at the time of exposure leading to infection may reduce the severity of the symptoms. Something that needs proper research with a larger sample population. Nothing in the article rises to the level of proof of the theory but does show potential promise. There are multiple potential holes or unaccounted for variables for which they do not offer explanation to address them. One I can think of is that in transmission from one individual with a mask to another individual would involve airsolized infective agent. This would at most be a minute droplet. It is difficult to imagine a difference in eventual outcome when the subject is infected by a host with a higher viral load when the eventual subject affect is, in both cases, dependent in the replication of billions of billions of viral units. It may be proven that infection from a host with a lower viral load has a less virulent strain as evidenced by the lower load and as a result produces less serious illness in the newly infected subject. Needing further research as stated before.

Such as is the common case of ‘actual’ science. Theory, test, result, replicate many times over....then and only then prove Concept.

8. Bradley T

Bradley T

Yeah, I've been in a hurry getting grocery items and accidentally get close to someone, who curtly and real crudely says "Excuse me!"- as they're hogging up the whole aisle. I hate retail stores now. The communists ruined that too!

9. Dave514

Dave514

You don't understand the word innoculum or the difference between filter and diffuse.

Campbell had a nice video on the details. Maybe someone can remember which one it was.

10. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

As long as nobody mentions my N100, I won’t mention their gaping pie hole. I feel really bad for the old people walking around the grocery store who only have cheesecloth masks, looks like the plebs would eventually be allowed (encouraged?) to wear N95’s.

Quick prediction: as I’ve said all along... CV19 is seasonal, like all other known human coronaviruses. We’ve never lived through a winter where CV19 was already seeded across the nation. There will be a massive wave before the end of 2020, enough to overrun the medical system. Hope I’m wrong. Maybe we’re already reaching some level of herd immunity, maybe the latest form of the virus is less virulent. There are good reasons to believe that last sentence is incorrect.

I’ll try to remember post 150 page 8 of they whiney mask thread filled with DIY political-scientific theorists who’ve figured out what health experts were to dumb to know. Will revisit New Years and see how this post ages. Pray I’m eating crow.

tacit mesa likes this.
  11. ScottMn

ScottMn

When will it be OK to NOT wear a mask?

I'm firing up my counterfeit "vaccination card" machine as we speak..........$50 a pop please.

This will include the chip so you slide it into the card reader in your car so you're able to drive. Hey, it works for DUI's right?

Agonizer likes this.
  12. tool-time

tool-time

What is getting worse? Media lies, government over reach, peoples paranoia over a hyped disease?

Agonizer likes this.
  13. diamondd2

diamondd2

All of it.

14. tacit mesa

tacit mesa

Well aren’t you special. At least you realize that you are a Richard Cranium

15. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

Still haven't worn one.

I and everyone around me should be dead by now. Or at least gotten sick.

Life is a risk.

Agonizer likes this.
  16. racerford

racerford

Even before the whole pandemic situation this could have gotten you an elbow to the face by someone startled by you actions. I pretty sure people would have thought you were a pick pocket and reacted accordingly. Good luck with that fat lip you may get for your rude and suspicious actions.

17. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

Still plenty of Glock Talkers shaking in their boots, deathly afraid, wearing a mask alone in their car, out jogging with no one else around, out in a boat fishing in a lake, no one else around but still with a mask on.

We are all going to die. Second wave is coming. My friend's brother's, co-worker's sister's Aunt died from it. You'll see. You don't care. You are selfish and a science denying anti vaccine Trump worshiping redneck conspiracy theorist, psychopath, who hates people who wear seat belts and helmets and you beat your wife, and you must have gone to public schools, if you won't wear a mask. The experts Like Nancy Pelosi are right, and the ones we should listen to. Wearing a mask if you are NOT sick is sound medical science. Here's 25 pages of proof we think maybe masks keep us safe. We are going to have to wear masks forever. It's the new normal. Look at me look at me, I care I'm sooo virtuous. Panic stricken dupes.

18. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

Agonizer likes this.
  19. Scott1970

Scott1970

You have put a death sentence on what had been, until he was exposed to maskless individuals, an immortal. It's like you chopped off the head of the Highlander.

20. racerford

racerford

Intentionally invading someone’s personal space without their permission is always rude, and you know it. Rationalize all you want, you are behaving like a jerk. Watch for elbows that you deserve.