GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 162 Posts

·
Unmasked
4,381 Posts
OK. You actually don't know what I do or why I do it. You only know that I think your logic is faulty. "Mindreading" is one form of Loserthink according to Scott Adams.

In your personal opinion. (An opinion that appears uninformed based on the links below).

"Discerning people" know that one doesn't always know if they are contagious due to high percentages of asymptomatic & pre-symptomatic carriers who do spread the virus.

Here are videos highlighting actual research (not just your opinion) from studies that have been conducted demonstrating the effectiveness of masks. A "discerning person" can see the wisdom of using them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycf6bAMKgjg&t=1134s&ab_channel=Dr.JohnCampbell

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQw7vLNsDA&t=1s&ab_channel=Dr.JohnCampbell

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vT9BV8-0TA&t=9s&ab_channel=Dr.JohnCampbell

Please provide links to the papers/studies that have overturned or refuted this data. (Note also this information goes back to April, May, & June. This isn't new and "discerning people" have had plenty of time to become aware of this data).

More recently, it has been shown that masks DO have a beneficial effect for the wearer even when not sick. While they only have a small percentage chance of preventing infection (see videos above), it has now been shown they reduce the AMOUNT of viral load acquired when near others who are infected. This can result in a less severe case and may be what is contributing to greater numbers of asymptomatic cases:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DANEqOPcDwc&t=2s&ab_channel=Dr.JohnCampbell

Please provide links to data that refutes this information.

Actual research is preferred, as a random internet assertion doesn't quite meet my "discerning person" standards.
Your wall of words means nothing.

Wearing a mask, when you are not sick serves no purpose.

You disagree, so what purpose does it serve, other than to massage your phobia?

·
Unmasked
4,381 Posts
Public school, right? Did you read my whole post or just the little words? Elderly friends or relatives? Diabetics? Which one will be next? I'll wait.
Why should I, who am not sick, have to wear a mask to protect you from your irrational phobia of getting sick?

If you are that fearful, wear an N95, or full gas mask to protect yourself. Why should your germ phobias be projected unto everyone else?

·
Unmasked
4,381 Posts
Thanks for all the links, evidence, and sound reasoning to shore up your ad hominem.
It's not worth arguing with you, because you are illogical.

·
Unmasked
4,381 Posts
Illinois, huh. I'm sorry. Caring is part of my job, as well as off-time activity.
Virtue signaling.

Oh, you are such a caring person.

Do you want an award?

Reactions: IllinoisGun

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,628 Posts
mask reqd fb.PNG

·
Unmasked
4,381 Posts
Thanks for all the links, evidence, and sound reasoning to shore up your ad hominem.

·
Unmasked
4,381 Posts
So it seems.
I am still waiting for your answer:

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
If you observed people being loaded onto trains going to "work camps", would that have "zero impact" on you, because it doesn't affect you?

The people sheepishly following orders to get on the trains is the same as the people sheepishly following orders to wear a mask.

Complying unquestioningly, even when not required, to the ridiculous orders of the elite, to control them.

This could be you:

Dude, you are assuming a lot about me. I'm addressing your hatred of people that wear mask at times and places that you don't. You actually said you hate those people, what have they done to you? Cute meme but you're the one seeing conspiracies in wearing the masks not me. Every time you see somebody wear a seatbelt or helmet must put you into a tailspin AAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH a seat belt wearer AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!......

I see people do a lot of things that I don't do, get a TAT, put hundreds of holes in their body, buy 2.5 gallons of gas for the trip to work because their car runs best on fresh gas, I don't care. Unless somebody has you in a headlock forcing a mask on your face, you really need to evaluate your mindset.

I have far better things to worry about than if somebody wants to wear a mask when I don't feel it is necessary. Go talk to somebody you need help. Go let the politicians know your feeling stop hating people that are doing nothing to you.

·
Unmasked
4,381 Posts
Dude, you are assuming a lot about me. I'm addressing your hatred of people that wear mask at times and places that you don't. You actually said you hate those people, what have they done to you? Cute meme but you're the one seeing conspiracies in wearing the masks not me. Every time you see somebody wear a seatbelt or helmet must put you into a tailspin AAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH a seat belt wearer AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!......

I see people do a lot of things that I don't do, get a TAT, put hundreds of holes in their body, buy 2.5 gallons of gas for the trip to work because their car runs best on fresh gas, I don't care. Unless somebody has you in a headlock forcing a mask on your face, you really need to evaluate your mindset.

I have far better things to worry about than if somebody wants to wear a mask when I don't feel it is necessary. Go talk to somebody you need help. Go let the politicians know your feeling stop hating people that are doing nothing to you.
Your reading skills are lacking.

Show me where I said I "Hate these people".

I never said it.

I think they are gullible and afraid.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I am still waiting for your answer:

I gave the answer. In two ways. In the "wall of words" and with a video.

Here it is again. Both my counter claim and the source citing the evidence. I wrote:

...More recently, it has been shown that masks DO have a beneficial effect for the wearer even when not sick. ... it has now been shown they reduce the AMOUNT of viral load acquired when near others who are infected. This can result in a less severe case ...:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DANEqOPcDwc&t=2s&ab_channel=Dr.JohnCampbell

Again, if you have ACTUAL EVIDENCE showing these studies to be false, please post it here.

Thank you.

·
Unmasked
4,381 Posts

Dude, you are really confused. This is what I said in post #65:

"This is not the same as wearing seat-belts. Seat belts have been demonstrated to be effective in preventing ejection in accidents. There is a long proven history, to justify wearing one. A discerning person can see the wisdom of using them."

Show me where it says "I hate people who wear seat belts, or a helmit."

This is what you said:
"Every time you see somebody wear a seatbelt or helmet must put you into a tailspin AAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH a seat belt wearer AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!......"

You need to stop smoking dope.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I gotta weigh in on this.

You say, "Wearing a mask, when you are not sick serves no purpose." Good point
and for the most part, people who wear masks don't need to. They are IMHO
using the mask as a talisman to prevent the bad thing from happening to them.

The problem I see with your supposition is you're declaring you are not
crapped up. In that case I have to ask," How do you know? " Unless you get
up in the morning and cram the wooden "Q tip" up your nose all day followed by
the rapid test I can't see how you are accurate in your assumption you ain't got it.

By that logic surgeons shouldn't use a sterile field to perform their job.

·
Unmasked
4,381 Posts
I gave the answer. In two ways. In the "wall of words" and with a video.

Here it is again. Both my counter claim and the source citing the evidence. I wrote:

...More recently, it has been shown that masks DO have a beneficial effect for the wearer even when not sick. ... it has now been shown they reduce the AMOUNT of viral load acquired when near others who are infected. This can result in a less severe case ...:

Again, if you have ACTUAL EVIDENCE showing these studies to be false, please post it here.

Thank you.
Fake news.

101 - 120 of 162 Posts