GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
People in an enclosed area and packed in, likely for longer than a minute or two.

There is no evidence masks would have made an appreciable difference even if they all were wearing them. Shedding virii by breathing doesn't get caught by most masks, and eating/drinking means the mask goes on and off anyway.
If you watch the video below, about 2/3 the way through, he shows the dates where mask mandates went into effect, and that it made no appreciable difference. The whole video is great, and if you listen to what he says, it really points out how ridiculously overblown the whole thing is.

View: https://youtu.be/8UvFhIFzaac

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Look up the term asymptomatic. Pretty self explanatory as I know you know what that means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The CDC, of all possible organizations that would say such a thing, came out two or three months ago and said that Asymptomatic spread is almost non-existent. Then TPTB slapped the spokeswoman down for making that public knowledge. They then came out with a rambling backpedal statement about how the evidence was true, but pay no attention, and wear your masks anyway like good little comrades.

·
Unmasked
4,383 Posts
Look up the term asymptomatic. Pretty self explanatory as I know you know what that means.

Do you live your life in fear everyday?

The world is loaded with germs. You never know what someone is carrying.

A mask quarantine, on people who are not sick, is unconstitutional.

I am not wearing a mask to protect your irrational phobia.

Reactions: rock_castle

·
Unmasked
4,383 Posts
From the people that cheered on the riots and protests, burned down businesses.

View attachment 830902
This is what angers me about the whole mask hoax.

It's perpetrated by those people who want to control everything you do.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Some people wear them when going between stores, and not wanting to touch their face and mask too much. That probably has some merit. However, in our school district the bus drivers are supposed to wear a mask when students are getting on or off, but not while driving.

I get concerned when drivers are wearing masks and glasses. I know my glasses often fog with a mask on. That is dangerous when driving. It is also another reason I don't like wearing a mask. I get out of my cold car, put on a mask and my glasses immediately fog up.
So generally don't care what other people are doing, except when driving with glasses on, then I try to stay away from them. Just like when I see Dave514 speeding and driving in all the lanes at once :D.

·
Registered
416 Posts
These idiots wear mask while going into stores, touching the produce, carts, frozen and refrigerated food's doors, cans and boxes, credit card key pad, etc. Then they will get home, take off their mask, gloves, and maybe even wash their hands, and then will precede to touch all the same aforementioned items with their hands.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Do you live your life in fear everyday?

The world is loaded with germs. You never know what someone is carrying.

A mask quarantine, on people who are not sick, is unconstitutional.

I am not wearing a mask to protect your irrational phobia.
Not at all in fact I have worked everyday through this going to terminals in various states with many workers at them. I guess i would just like to say it is possible you are wrong it’s possible I am very wrong. One thing is true though and that is we will never stand a chance in a health crisis as everyone cannot get on the same page with something as simple as wearing a mask. We will never really realize their effectiveness because of it.

Just as a rebuttal to whoever down played asymptomatic transmission here is an article. Is it the truth?? Who knows but maybe that’s it we just don’t know. If we don’t know maybe erring on the side of caution just a little by masking up is a good idea?? I don’t know.

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/08/10/asymptomatic

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
In your personal opinion. (An opinion that appears uninformed based on the links below).

"Discerning people" know that one doesn't always know if they are contagious due to high percentages of asymptomatic & pre-symptomatic carriers who do spread the virus.

By definition, if a person is not sick, they are not asymptomatic, or pre-symptomatic. A person who is not sick, is not a risk to anyone and them wearing a mask is completely and utterly useless to decreasing the risk of transmission, since it is already zero.

According to my county statistics, less than .08% of people have active cases of Covid. So even if 80% are asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic that means less than 0.4% have it. Or 99.6% of people don't have it. And if they aren't sneezing or coughing (by definition) their odds of transmission while passing someone in a store is low. Unless you think it is airborne, in which case, a typical mask wont help.

Everywhere is not the same, and your positions are contradictory. You accuse others of ignoring science as you do the same. You cherry pick to believe the reports that support fear mongering, and ignore the reports that refute it. You are just the same as those you criticize.

·
Unmasked
4,383 Posts
Not at all in fact I have worked everyday through this going to terminals in various states with many workers at them. I guess i would just like to say it is possible you are wrong it’s possible I am very wrong. One thing is true though and that is we will never stand a chance in a health crisis as everyone cannot get on the same page with something as simple as wearing a mask. We will never really realize their effectiveness because of it.

Just as a rebuttal to whoever down played asymptomatic transmission here is an article. Is it the truth?? Who knows but maybe that’s it we just don’t know. If we don’t know maybe erring on the side of caution just a little by masking up is a good idea?? I don’t know.

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/08/10/asymptomatic

Look, I realize you are a good person, and are trying to do what is right. But that is the evil of this whole thing. The fact that good people are being duped into the Democrat's plan of disrupting the election, for the purpose of regaining power and absolutely controlling everything we do.

I complied and wore a mask in the early period of this "crisis", but now, at least to me, it is apparent that this has been used for a whole list of political objectives.

Seeing someone riding in a car, or in the middle of a lake fishing, with a mask on, just reminds me of how evil the Democrats (and some Rinos) are.

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Look, I realize you are a good person, and are trying to do what is right. But that is the evil of this whole thing. The fact that good people are being duped into the Democrat's plan of disrupting the election, for the purpose of regaining power and absolutely controlling everything we do.

I complied and wore a mask in the early period of this "crisis", but now, at least to me, it is apparent that this has been used for a whole list of political objectives.

Seeing someone riding in a car, or in the middle of a lake fishing, with a mask on, just reminds me of how evil the Democrats (and some Rinos) are.
I guess it's now waterborne?

·
Registered
13,897 Posts
Does this even need an answer. I mean seriously at this point in the pandemic ? You literally must be kidding.

Wait, how is someone not sick and not wearing a mask matter in the pandemic. 9210 is a real small number for the entire US.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
Wait, how is someone not sick and not wearing a mask matter in the pandemic. 9210 is a real small number for the entire US.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
Why are you and jr24 being so selfish? Think of the children! <sarcasm>

That's what this all is and it's the tactic that those who are scared, who aren't critical thinkers, and/or who are making arguments based of emotions and fear... This is just a model day Think of The Children tactic. We, or at least gooders who are naive, go against logic, personal freedom, our way of life, etc all for "greater good."

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,467 Posts

Yep. Once the Dem mayors and governors let their friends riot in large numbers and then claimed it didn't harm them, it became obvious that it was a myth/hoax. Judge elected officials by their actions and not by their words.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
According to my county statistics, less than .08% of people have active cases of Covid. So even if 80% are asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic that means less than 0.4% have it. Or 99.6% of people don't have it. And if they aren't sneezing or coughing (by definition) their odds of transmission while passing someone in a store is low. Unless you think it is airborne, in which case, a typical mask wont help...
Well, Dr. Campbell recently summarized some research that compared normal talking, loud talking, singing, and length of conversation which suggests it isn't as cut and dried as "if they aren't sneezing or coughing" then you should be fine. I don't have to think it's airborne in a strict sense to listen to the countless studies that recognize aerosolized droplets are projected out of our mouths and carry this stuff through the air.

As to the first point on your local numbers, that's great. I think this is true in many areas that actual active case counts are low. This is a good thing. It may mean that masks may be statistically unnecessary. I fully admit that. That's different from some on here who are claiming that masks don't do anything. I linked to videos citing multiple studies that say otherwise, including for those not sick.

... your positions are contradictory. You accuse others of ignoring science as you do the same. You cherry pick to believe the reports that support fear mongering, and ignore the reports that refute it. You are just the same as those you criticize.
OK, thanks for clarifying that.

I accused one particular poster of first making an absurd comparison and explained why I believed it was a poor comparison.

I then criticized his useless claim about masks serving no purpose when one isn't sick. A claim which was made without appealing to any evidence.

I then provided evidence that masks CAN be beneficial to to those who aren't sick. (As well as reprising the obvious point that some people are sick without knowing it).

Since you don't read minds any better than Agonizer, I can assure you, I'm not intentionally cherry picking data. I follow Dr. Campbell's youtube channel and the occasional MedCram video. It's all I have time for. Campbell reports on numerous papers from all over the world. I'm not sure how that is me ignoring science, despite your accusation. Based on those studies he cites, his opinions have sometimes been reinforced (on the value of Vitamin D) and sometimes new data has led him to change his views (such as on HCQ and, yes, masks). Maybe Campbell is cherry-picking and I'm being misled. Just show me the evidence. But, if my choice is between numerous medical papers and research studies from around the world vs. the opinions of a couple GT guys fixated on the political dynamics of America's CoViD response, sorry, but I'll go with the medical folks. Accuse me of whatever you want.

I'm open to any good data and it's why I linked to multiple studies in my reply. MaxxAction posted a very informative one in post 81 that I hadn't seen and appreciate.

·
Registered
8,684 Posts
.Gov here in NV has decreed mask wear mandatory. While I don't like the Do As I Say Not As I Do (I am guilty of that as a Dad raising kids a while back - Mea Culpa), the following appears on our horizon (and yours if living in a D state maybe... dunno)

Should your business NOT comply mandatory mask/distance for all, and oh, say some Karen files a complaint or twelve, your business license might very well be in jeopardy (TehTHREAT!)

Flu season along with wildfire season... is upon us. Gotta find me an Israeli Gas Mask (thanks @rlewpolar - smoke?, yup)

I think we all can see that "New Amerigo" is being... what? Re-Shaped into GOOGLE/CHINA/E-Presence brave new world or else DIE/BESHUNNED/NOSOUPFORYOU!?

SOoooo... go peacefully into that night, mask up (no facial recog), enjoy e-trace, Sky-Net is happy. Good Citizen, as Bob (Dylan) Zimmerman wrote, the times they are a'changin'

Not to mention the upcoming mandatory BillGates Vaccinations... muahahahahaha we are so hosed... war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom of course is slavery.

Just call me Winston Cynical Smith who cares, REALLY cares. Hope that does not become past tense

·
Unmasked
4,383 Posts
Well, Dr. Campbell recently summarized some research that compared normal talking, loud talking, singing, and length of conversation which suggests it isn't as cut and dried as "if they aren't sneezing or coughing" then you should be fine. I don't have to think it's airborne in a strict sense to listen to the countless studies that recognize aerosolized droplets are projected out of our mouths and carry this stuff through the air.

As to the first point on your local numbers, that's great. I think this is true in many areas that actual active case counts are low. This is a good thing. It may mean that masks may be statistically unnecessary. I fully admit that. That's different from some on here who are claiming that masks don't do anything. I linked to videos citing multiple studies that say otherwise, including for those not sick.

OK, thanks for clarifying that.

I accused one particular poster of first making an absurd comparison and explained why I believed it was a poor comparison.

I then criticized his useless claim about masks serving no purpose when one isn't sick. A claim which was made without appealing to any evidence.

I then provided evidence that masks CAN be beneficial to to those who aren't sick. (As well as reprising the obvious point that some people are sick without knowing it).

Since you don't read minds any better than Agonizer, I can assure you, I'm not intentionally cherry picking data. I follow Dr. Campbell's youtube channel and the occasional MedCram video. It's all I have time for. Campbell reports on numerous papers from all over the world. I'm not sure how that is me ignoring science, despite your accusation. Based on those studies he cites, his opinions have sometimes been reinforced (on the value of Vitamin D) and sometimes new data has led him to change his views (such as on HCQ and, yes, masks). Maybe Campbell is cherry-picking and I'm being misled. Just show me the evidence. But, if my choice is between numerous medical papers and research studies from around the world vs. the opinions of a couple GT guys fixated on the political dynamics of America's CoViD response, sorry, but I'll go with the medical folks. Accuse me of whatever you want.

I'm open to any good data and it's why I linked to multiple studies in my reply. MaxxAction posted a very informative one in post 81 that I hadn't seen and appreciate.
Your critical thinking skills are sorely lacking.

Good luck with your face diaper.

·
Registered
6,260 Posts
Why should I, who am not sick, have to wear a mask to protect you from your irrational phobia of getting sick?

If you are that fearful, wear an N95, or full gas mask to protect yourself. Why should your germ phobias be projected unto everyone else?
Public school, right? Did you read my whole post or just the little words? Elderly friends or relatives? Diabetics? Which one will be next? I'll wait.

81 - 100 of 162 Posts