GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
The people sheepishly following orders to get on the trains is the same as the people sheepishly following orders to wear a mask.
I fail to see how this statement is possibly true except in the absolutely most superficial way.

The only parallels in the two examples you site is people doing what they are told. So, you might as well say that people sheepishly following orders to shoot themselves in the head is the same as people sheepishly following orders to wear a seatbelt.

Yes, both are "following orders", but they are in no way actually equivalent.

You & even some experts may disagree, but numerous studies, research, and professional opinions around the world support mask use for various benefits. You may disagree with if/when/where/how it is done, but governments have precedent in requiring certain behaviors when seeking to protect the public good.

Masks may not be the best tool for the job. They may turn out to not have been as effective as believed or hoped. But, citizens complying with mask wearing in the face of a public health threat isn't the same as complying with a government that is systematically incarcerating and murdering a subset of its population.

·
Lean & Mean
15,378 Posts
I'm living long enough not to expect everyone to act exactly the way I like them to. It's difficult to know everything, so when I can see somebody driving while wearing the mask... I don't know if they just moving from one store to another...or going for a drive. Honestly, I don't even care. I'm wearing my mask indoors while in public. In most of the places it's obligatory anyway. If mask is making you mad, hopefully you will never find out what's going on behind the closed doors of your favorite neighbors. As a cop I don't have such comfort. People are hurting the others every day. In many, unimaginable ways. People are stealing and destroying other's property. Scamming the vulnerable population. With all due respect...the dude wearing his mask isn't the worst thing out there. Yup. Some people were, are and will be like sheep. Perhaps more and more of them...but if this is surprising to you...than perhaps you had no contact with the reality out there for the last 30 years. Safety is one of those, essential human needs. You think about it every day too. Just in a different way than someone who's wearing the mask. Cheers.

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,011 Posts
O
Driving alone in a car......
Walking with the nearest person 100 yards away........
Hiking without a person within a mile........
I laugh all the time at this and shake my head, I mean what the hell are they thinking?

Face diapers = LOVE. All one needs is a Subaru to be totally aware.
Back in the day I would have said Volvo.

LMAO

It will be gone on Nov 4th 2020.
Yes and no. I have a theory they will keep it on low simmer so if Biden wins :confused: and after he takes office, they can claim his leadership saved humanity. More likely, Trump wins and they throw their temper tantrum and forget Covid.

Why do you care if someone wears it alone in a car or on a hike or wherever?? Really a stupid rant and thread.
Being scared of a virus while driving or alone outdoors is worse and displays a crucial lack of critical thinking.

This isn't going to end. It's actually getting worse every day. 5 yrs from now people won't even remember what it was like to not wear a mask 24hrs a day.
What's getting worse? Covid is overblown. Look up all the researchers saying the testing is flawed and producing tons of false positives. Colorado already wrote down their death toll by 24% when it was found they were over inflating the numbers.

I keep hearing this and wonder if people really believe this when they say it or are just being cute by making a political statement.

If millions of people really believe this is all just a cooked up political stunt at this point, we are in TROUBLE.
Those of us that practice critical thinking don't think the virus is a political stunt, but do realize it is WAY overblown and being exploited for political control. If you can't see the many other issue going on, then you need to look a lot closer.

Even my Canadian BFF texted me and suddenly has been red pilled. She's a ICU nursing supervisor in a huge regional Canadian hospital and she said this Covid reaction makes ZERO sense. My liberal medical researcher cousin in California said the same thing without any input from me. All anyone had to do was exam the numbers from Italy back in March, and you could realize the story being told was not backed up by the data.

We are being controlled and conditioned. The rest of the world is waking up to this, there are protest in the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy etc.

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,011 Posts
So the mask only protects one way? It keeps stuff in but doesn't keep stuff out? That makes no sense.
NOTHING about Covid has made sense, and the few things that do make sense, get poo-poo'd by the press and Dems.

·
Unmasked
4,383 Posts
I fail to see how this statement is possibly true except in the absolutely most superficial way.

The only parallels in the two examples you site is people doing what they are told. So, you might as well say that people sheepishly following orders to shoot themselves in the head is the same as people sheepishly following orders to wear a seatbelt.

You & even some experts may disagree, but numerous studies, research, and professional opinions around the world support mask use for various benefits. You may disagree with if/when/where/how it is done, but governments have precedent in requiring certain behaviors when seeking to protect the public good.

Masks may not be the best tool for the job. They may turn out to not have been as effective as believed or hoped. But, citizens complying with mask wearing in the face of a public health threat isn't the same as complying with a government that is systematically incarcerating and murdering a subset of its population.
I see you like to sheepishly follow orders.

This is not the same as wearing seat-belts. Seat belts have been demonstrated to be effective in preventing ejection in accidents. There is a long proven history, to justify wearing one. A discerning person can see the wisdom of using them.

Wearing a mask, when you are not sick serves no purpose.

·
Unmasked
4,383 Posts

This is not the same as wearing seat-belts. Seat belts have been demonstrated to be effective in preventing ejection in accidents. There is a long proven history, to justify wearing one. A discerning person can see the wisdom of using them.

Wearing a mask, when you are not sick serves no purpose.
"The only parallels in the two examples you site is people doing what they are told."

Exactly my point. Congratulations. You get it.

·
Unmasked
4,383 Posts
I'm living long enough not to expect everyone to act exactly the way I like them to. It's difficult to know everything, so when I can see somebody driving while wearing the mask... I don't know if they just moving from one store to another...or going for a drive. Honestly, I don't even care. I'm wearing my mask indoors while in public. In most of the places it's obligatory anyway. If mask is making you mad, hopefully you will never find out what's going on behind the closed doors of your favorite neighbors. As a cop I don't have such comfort. People are hurting the others every day. In many, unimaginable ways. People are stealing and destroying other's property. Scamming the vulnerable population. With all due respect...the dude wearing his mask isn't the worst thing out there. Yup. Some people were, are and will be like sheep. Perhaps more and more of them...but if this is surprising to you...than perhaps you had no contact with the reality out there for the last 30 years. Safety is one of those, essential human needs. You think about it every day too. Just in a different way than someone who's wearing the mask. Cheers.
"Scamming the vulnerable population."

Exactly what is being done with the mask hoax.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts

Well said and I agree. Examples supporting masks making a difference

Locally well over 100 positive covid19 tests were traced to one bar. The overwhelming vast majority of those cases were people that were actually there. Hardly anyone was wearing masks.

I’ve read several cases of employees ( example hairdresser) that tested positive and subjected many clients to the virus. However none of the clients tested were positive and they were strict on the mask policy.

In my state the virus hasn’t slammed the K-12 schools anywhere near like it has the colleges. Many of the colleges don’t even have in person classes. The K-12 schools are all closely following guidelines (at least our kids school) and we all know the college kids are not whatsoever.

Not definitive proof but to me it really points in the direction that the minor inconvenience may just be in the best interest of us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Unmasked
4,383 Posts
Well said and I agree. Examples supporting masks making a difference

Locally well over 100 positive covid19 tests were traced to one bar. The overwhelming vast majority of those cases were people that were actually there. Hardly anyone was wearing masks.

I’ve read several cases of employees ( example hairdresser) that tested positive and subjected many clients to the virus. However none of the clients tested were positive and they were strict on the mask policy.

In my state the virus hasn’t slammed the K-12 schools anywhere near like it has the colleges. Many of the colleges don’t even have in person classes. The K-12 schools are all closely following guidelines (at least our kids school) and we all know the college kids are not whatsoever.

Not definitive proof but to me it really points in the direction that the minor inconvenience may just be in the best interest of us all.

Why should someone who is not sick, be required to wear a mask to protect you from your germ phobia?

·
Lean & Mean
15,378 Posts
"Scamming the vulnerable population."

Exactly what is being done with the mask hoax.
Again, sorry I don't know everything. I'm glad so many are so much smarter than me.
In the meantime I will continue to remember my father's younger brother who succumbed to COVID19 less than two months ago and do what I can to limit the chances of transmission.
Stay safe.

·
Unmasked
4,383 Posts
Again, sorry I don't know everything. glad so mIn the meantime I will continue to remember my father's younger brother who succumbed to COVID19 less than two months ago and do what I can to limit the chances of transmission.
Stay safe.
"glad so many are so much smarter than me."

Why thank you!

"In the meantime I will continue to remember my father's younger brother who succumbed to COVID19 less than two months ago..."

Life is tough.

Everyone has got tragic stories. I could rattle off a whole list. Living your life wallowing in misery, and virtue signaling, is no way to live.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
I recently returned from a trip to MT where masks are mandatory. I noticed that people tend to comply in the big cities but in country stores the order is almost ignored. The biggest surprise to me was how young people, the least likely to have health issues, comply with the mandate while older people over 50 simply ignore it. Since young’uns tend to be liberal this tells me the whole mask thing is about politics not safety. Either that or older people are really stupid.
It's much the same up here too. Chain stores require masks, as per mandate, but lots of the smaller places just ignore it and move on.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
People in an enclosed area and packed in, likely for longer than a minute or two.

There is no evidence masks would have made an appreciable difference even if they all were wearing them. Shedding virii by breathing doesn't get caught by most masks, and eating/drinking means the mask goes on and off anyway.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Does this even need an answer. I mean seriously at this point in the pandemic ? You literally must be kidding.

Yea it does. Your father was at risk and in the at risk demographic. If he would have washed his hands, not touched his face, and wore a mask, he wouldn't have caught it. It was his own responsibility for his own health. It shouldn't be my responsibility.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
OK. You actually don't know what I do or why I do it. You only know that I think your logic is faulty. "Mindreading" is one form of Loserthink according to Scott Adams.

... Wearing a mask, when you are not sick serves no purpose.
In your personal opinion. (An opinion that appears uninformed based on the links below).

"Discerning people" know that one doesn't always know if they are contagious due to high percentages of asymptomatic & pre-symptomatic carriers who do spread the virus.

Here are videos highlighting actual research (not just your opinion) from studies that have been conducted demonstrating the effectiveness of masks. A "discerning person" can see the wisdom of using them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycf6bAMKgjg&t=1134s&ab_channel=Dr.JohnCampbell

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQw7vLNsDA&t=1s&ab_channel=Dr.JohnCampbell

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vT9BV8-0TA&t=9s&ab_channel=Dr.JohnCampbell

Please provide links to the papers/studies that have overturned or refuted this data. (Note also this information goes back to April, May, & June. This isn't new and "discerning people" have had plenty of time to become aware of this data).

More recently, it has been shown that masks DO have a beneficial effect for the wearer even when not sick. While they only have a small percentage chance of preventing infection (see videos above), it has now been shown they reduce the AMOUNT of viral load acquired when near others who are infected. This can result in a less severe case and may be what is contributing to greater numbers of asymptomatic cases:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DANEqOPcDwc&t=2s&ab_channel=Dr.JohnCampbell

Please provide links to data that refutes this information.

Actual research is preferred, as a random internet assertion doesn't quite meet my "discerning person" standards.

·
Unmasked
4,383 Posts
Does this even need an answer. I mean seriously at this point in the pandemic ? You literally must be kidding.

No, I am not kidding.

Yes, it does need an answer.

If you can't see that, just get in the boxcar already.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
People in an enclosed area and packed in, likely for longer than a minute or two.

There is no evidence masks would have made an appreciable difference even if they all were wearing them. Shedding virii by breathing doesn't get caught by most masks, and eating/drinking means the mask goes on and off anyway.
You have no evidence they don’t. How about the K-12 schools that practice safety measures vs college kids that get together and don’t? I know 17 and under don’t carry it or spread it. How about sports that by using safety protocols have been able to be extremely safe. Even baseball after they clamped down and followed measures many didn’t at the beginning. I don’t know if none of it means anything you are a person that will never see it from the other side and it’s just a mute argument. The other thing that cruising around various platforms that seems to be clear and maybe the saddest point of all is how even this virus has basically become totally politicized. Guess it should be expected today.

61 - 80 of 162 Posts