People Watching at the Gun Show

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gaston_Convert, Sep 25, 2017.

1. nursetim

nursetim

I need to go to your shows.

2. Rotn1

Rotn1

I understand.

We have a guy regularly selling a Dragonov for about $5k ..... Only problem is it is a PSL Romak with different furniture. I told him........ But he still try's for the Dragonov........
    Buyer beware

3. gunowner1

gunowner1

I haven't done a gun show in a few years. Ammo prices higher than normal retail. Reloading supplies always higher than online. Too many wanna be Rambo types wearing their " Gunshine State" tshirts. Some of the best gun deals I've seen are what people are selling in the parking lot or in line going into the show. The internet has killed gun shows for me. SGAmmo for SD ammo and various suppliers for reloading supplies delivered go me without the driving, shoving, and the "experts" hawking their wares.

SGT67 likes this.
  4. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Buy everything off the internet cheaper no tax free shipping , if you watch and do your shopping ,very seldom do I buy new guns , mostly used shop for them at lgs .

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    faceplant likes this.
  5. Gaston_Convert

Gaston_Convert

No SJWs or gangbangers, but a few couples where the female looked to be somewhat on display. I did notice one couple who seemed very ... rigid? They just seemed a bit awkward like he didn't want her to get away from him. Many females here wear hunting camo.

There was one HUGE table of plastic Chinese bling carnival-type knives. Junk.

I noticed a guy who picked up a Saint (the newer version with the free-floating barrel) and asked if it came with a case. (If he knew anything about the Saint, yes, they come with a hard shell case.) When he found out it did he asked if they would hold it for him for a few minutes. He appeared to be interested in it for his son.

There was what appeared to be an old Mossberg 590 in Marinecote that briefly drew my attention, but it looked pretty worn. Several Shockwaves that had people looking and wondering aloud. Rusty Colt 8-round .45 ACP magazines for more than what new ones cost, but still in original Colt Accessories packaging! A Ruger Single Six in .22LR along with the magnum cylinder also got my attention for a bit. I believe Dad had a High Standard Double Nine Convertible at some point. He traded things so often it was hard to keep track, but I do remember that one. It might be nice to come across some pre-lock, pre-dash S&W revolvers, but I didn't notice any.

6. Current Resident

Current Resident

The last one I went to I was prepared to spend some money and had three pistols I was looking for.
    There were no deals to be had, everyone was acting like the world was about to end with panic purchases. Prices were so inflated I couldn't figure if I would go to another. I'm always looking and probably will when it comes time.

7. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Gun and boobs go together. Just like porkchops and applesauce. I get the Dillon Precision Blue Press, and although I've noticed the different classy (always classy) models, I read the Blue Press for the articles.

8. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

I quit going a few years ago. I got tired of being quietly asked by dirtbags if I could help them get prohibited weapons. I always assumed it was a fed trying to set me up. I know other people who quit going for similar reasons.

9. DienBienPhu

DienBienPhu Glock pistols designed by Gaston Glock , Austria

gun shows arent like they use to be, not much surplus or curio & relic like before

now it's all "tactical" that seems to be the most popular items, lots of aftermarket accessories.

10. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

I go for reloading supplies. They never seem to have any 500 S&W, 460 S&W or 454 Casull ammo, supplies or holsters, let alone guns. I can't understand why. They're all such easy guns to shoot.

I see a ton of AR-15s there, overpriced. I see those 80% lowers, too. Seems like a lot of work for a $40 item.

In SWVA, there aren't too many hotties walking about.

I see guys from the hood looking at the cheap plastic guns by some maker out of the Middle East: they look like Berettas and Glocks but I don't remember the brand.

Seems like everyone wants a S&W Shield, Glock 43 or 42, Sig P238 or S&W Bodyguard.

There's always those tables with overpriced Colt pythons who never sell...but two shows ago, some guy stole a Stainless Anaconda. I don't know if he ever got caught but they have pictures from CCTV. It was from a table that was next to Trader Jerry's II.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

There are fewer and fewer vendors. Prices aren't all that great except for two LGS THAT I frequent personally.

I'd like to see more steel targets for sale as shipping is so expensive from online dealers.

I don't see a lot of aftermarket Glock Parts, either, at my shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rotn1 and Just Glocks like this.
  11. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Cost of a table to sell from is sky high ,admission prices up ,some charge to park , all this has to be compared to cost of shipping , I shop the internet , where if you watch ,no tax . I keep a large supply of Glock parts all purchased by internet . Government Civic center raised the rent so high a lot of places , promoters could no longer put on the shows . A slow sure way to shut them down .

CDR_Glock and railfancwb like this.
  12. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Cost of a table to sell from is sky high ,admission prices up ,some charge to park , all this has to be compared to cost of shipping , I shop the internet , where if you watch ,no tax . I keep a large supply of Glock parts all purchased by internet . Government Civic center raised the rent so high a lot of places , promoters could no longer put on the shows . A slow sure way to shut them down .

13. tjpet

tjpet

The closest gun show always has an ammo vendor from CA come in and bring a semi load of product. If you don't mind Tulammo, Wolf, Silver Bear, etc you can score very good deals if buying by the case. As to women at the GSs around here they're into halter tops. Not a bad thing in one sense because they tend to have pretty big racks. However, with fold over guts they look awful. I told a lady friend one time (who's a modest dresser) after leaving a show that if she ever turned to the dark side please have the decentcy to have a flat belly. She just laughed and agreed remarking how she couldn't believe women would go out in public with a jelly roll hanging over the top of their pants. And think they're hot at the same time.

Rotn1 and nursetim like this.
  14. ede

ede

I love going to gun shows more for entertainment value than looking for something to buy.

15. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

At the last gun show I was propositioned by a female knife vendor who said " you can park those combat boots under my bed anytime" my daughter was not amused and dimed me out to my wife .
    My comeback was these boots are spoken for.. I thought I did good.

GWSHARK, larry_minn, Rotn1 and 4 others like this.
  16. railfancwb

railfancwb

Quick thinking, that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotn1, Just Glocks and deputy tom like this.
  17. 9jeeps

9jeeps Avatars, no mas.

We quit gunshows 15 years ago. Too much trash. On all counts.
    We have several gun shops within an hours drive and can always find anything we want at below gunshow prices.

Just Glocks likes this.
  18. Bcw7101

Bcw7101

I had a similar experience once. I was looking for some powder for my brother. Some guy strolls over to ask me how to blow up a tree stump and how much powder to use. I told him to just get a stump grinder. Very strange.

19. gunowner1

gunowner1

That is very odd. Great answer for him though.

20. HonkeyFries

HonkeyFries

I agree, other than all I want is plastic guns. I just want to add I do not like having my carry gun zip tied, so I quit going.

I have been a few times to try doing a face to face sell, you either get the sketchy type or the dealer than spends 5 minutes fiddling with it before saying they are not interested.

Bit you buy something new and can't even get out of the building without telling 10 people it is not for sale.

nursetim likes this.