close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

People sure are funny...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Critch, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Critch

Critch

A bunch of us went shooting today and I brought my Glock 22. Now everyone loved shooting it but a friend of mine just got odd about how he only likes the old stuff....I got him to shoot a few mags though it and he had to admit that it shot straight, was flawless, easy to handle...but he still hated it.

:upeyes:

My future daughter in law really liked it...once she marries my son I may buy her a Glock 19 or something for her own...

2. Glock40man

Glock40man

Some people are gonna hate. (especially Glocks) that is just the way it is. There is a brand/platform for everybody.

3. rilkil23

rilkil23

I was sure I didn't want a Glock, ever. I own two now and love them. Not sure where I picked up my dislike but I stood by it for years. I tend to be small minded but am trying to change. I hated Taylor Made golf clubs and now I carry their driver and putter. Guess I should stay neutral until I have actually tried a product. Learning.

4. Carbonfly

Carbonfly

Same here. Now I'm addicted. Always on the lookout for my next purchase.

5. MikeG36

MikeG36

Some people don’t get it, others don’t care and some just hate. We all have our preferences and there’s not a lot that can change that. Just enjoy your 22 and do your best to out score him whenever you get the chance. :wavey:

6. Critch

Critch

On another note, My Keltec P-11 hiccuped today for the first time...I got two or three late fires, the hammer would impact, but ignition was noticeabley late...very disconcerting...

I may look for a Baby Glock to carry...I would love one of those single stack Glocks in 380 that I've heard about, but never seen.

7. Ford302Glock21

Ford302Glock21 Chrome Horsie

Pride and ignorance can be big hurdles to jump on first try. Just knowing myself, I have gone from against things to being for them just by a matter of time and exposure. Firearms certainly fall into this category for me. I won't be buying any hipoints though don't get me wrong lol

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

Hate the sin, not the sinner. ;)
    [​IMG]

9. sharkbait22

sharkbait22

:rofl:This was me too. I have a G17 and a G19. I'm already thinking about what my next one should be! I'm thinking maybe a 21 :supergrin:

10. Freddy2

Freddy2

I was the same way I thought glocks were way over rated but once I shot one it was down hill from there. I was a m&p guy but now I'm trying to sale them to get glocks

11. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

My first love is the American west and the firearms of that period,that said I can recognize a good firearm of any period. I don't carry a SAA I carry a Glock. SJ 40

12. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

???

Doesn't exist. The .380 Glocks, which can't be imported to the U.S. (the po po can get an exemption)... are double stack like the G26. So you end up with a gun with the *exact* same dimensions as the G26 with less ooomph. Why would you *want* that?
    Go here to see the specifications for the G28, the .380 model comparable to the G26.
    http://www.glockfaq.com/content.aspx?ckey=Glock_FAQ_Glock_Model_Guide
    Same length, width, height.... everything but the weight, which I'm guessing is the barrel or something, but it's negligible. Certainly not smaller to carry.

Don't get me wrong... I'm thinking about picking up a .380, but I will get a Ruger LCP or something that is WAY smaller than a Glock.

13. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger

SJ 40, I am with you on the guns of the West..and I do carry a SAA from time to time just for the fun of it. I am first and foremost a 1911 fan, but I do carry Glock most of the time..a G27 usually. The fancy 1911's are for dress up..LOL

14. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Welcome!
    I do carry a Ruger Vaquero when hunting.
    I have a shooting friend who is a local LEO and he and his wife are also horse people. When ever their is missing child or person and it involves a horse back search,he and his wife volunteer.
    When he does horseback work the department lets him replace his Sig 220 with a Vaquero in 45 colt. SJ 40

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  15. esh325

esh325

People will just hate things for irrational reasons, everybody does it to a degree. Some never overcome it.

16. Critch

Critch

I guess I read something wrong, I thought it was single stack,,oh well,,,guess I;ll just have to a Baby Glock in 40 SW.

17. sentian

sentian

honestly i didn't care much for glocks.. until this year when i did some research when looking for a replacement competition gun. Now i'm a glock lover. Funny how things turn around when facts are included hey? :D

18. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

If your future DIL has a small hand, a G26 may be better for her.