Glock Talk banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts
Yesterday a good friend and his wife who are new to shooting asked if I could meet them at the range with a few of my guns to try out before deciding on their first handgun purchases. They applied for their permits in November and still haven't gotten them, but they have already picked up 2 Ruger 10/22's and a M&P 15. I packed up my G26, G23/19, Kel-Tec P3AT, and my AR. All the range time and ammo was on their dime for the favor of letting them shoot the guns/instruct them. $27.50/hr per person for range time and $24.95/50 of 9mm and .40. I brought 70 rounds of cheap TulAmmo .223 I got for $5/box. The sad part is, I told him I would not be shooting due to the lack/cost of ammo. I drove an hour an a half round trip just to help them out. The total for 1 hour of range time and ammo was about $200... I of course had to fire off 30 rounds from my AR... But this was the first time I went to the range with no intentions of shooting... And that was solely based on the current market conditions.

Yesterday a good friend and his wife who are new to shooting asked if I could meet them at the range with a few of my guns to try out before deciding on their first handgun purchases. They applied for their permits in November and still haven't gotten them, but they have already picked up 2 Ruger 10/22's and a M&P 15. I packed up my G26, G23/19, Kel-Tec P3AT, and my AR. All the range time and ammo was on their dime for the favor of letting them shoot the guns/instruct them. $27.50/hr per person for range time and $24.95/50 of 9mm and .40. I brought 70 rounds of cheap TulAmmo .223 I got for $5/box. The sad part is, I told him I would not be shooting due to the lack/cost of ammo. I drove an hour an a half round trip just to help them out. The total for 1 hour of range time and ammo was about $200... I of course had to fire off 30 rounds from my AR... But this was the first time I went to the range with no intentions of shooting... And that was solely based on the current market conditions.
Wow. That is some expensive shooting. :shocked:

WOW. Crazy. That's more expensive than auto racing / track time! :shocked:

I can't find ammo any where, when I do it's maybe a box or two and I'm very reluctant to shot it. Also all the ranges around me are taking advantage of the craziness and increased range fees a lot, which does not sit well wit me

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

I stopped by Dick's yesterday since I was out shopping for other things. I checked the gun department for ammo and the guy just stood there and shook his head. He said they get two trucks a week, Monday and Thursday. The store opens at 9 and they are sold out of whatever ammo is on the truck within the hour. He said there is a crowd that waits by the front door for it to open.

He said the last truckload contained 10K rds of 9mm and it sold out in 12 minutes.

I stopped by Dick's yesterday since I was out shopping for other things. I checked the gun department for ammo and the guy just stood there and shook his head. He said they get two trucks a week, Monday and Thursday. The store opens at 9 and they are sold out of whatever ammo is on the truck within the hour. He said there is a crowd that waits by the front door for it to open.

He said the last truckload contained 10K rds of 9mm and it sold out in 12 minutes.
WOW. There are a lot of gun owners out there.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.