Glock Talk banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts
My local range is as busy as can be and always has 1-2 hours of waiting time.
I don't know where they are getting that ammo from.
The store part of the range does sell some target ammo but the prices have gone up about 25% per box.
I'm holding my stash as tight as I can and used to go shooting every week and now go every 2 to 3 weeks.
I do practice more with my air bb guns as I have plenty of pellets and co2 for the pistols.
Some of my air pistols do resemble and handle very much the same as my regular guns including slide actions.
I'm down to about 900 rounds of 9mm and 1200 rounds in .45 acp and will not go below that.
I only go to the range when I can score the ammo for it at a decent price or will not go.

I have continued to shoot. I will continue to shoot. I will attempt to get others to do the same.

It is a perishable skill. If people stop, they gun-grabbers have won, plain and simple.

.22lr is something we all should have had thousands of, and something that will become available again for reasonable prices. Most training can be done with .22lr.

Get out there and train.

Aren't there legal issues with manufacturing ammo and selling it?
I don't think so.

Possibly potential liability if something goes wrong with one of the firearms while your round was (in fact or by allegation) being used, but I don't think there are any silly laws or regulations or anything to worry about. At least not federally or within any states whose laws I am aware of.

Aren't there legal issues with manufacturing ammo and selling it?
There are liability issues and liability insurance is a good investment. One of my childhood friends owns a gun shop and has such a policy since he sells reloaded ammo made on the premises- he's used it exactly once. Guy filed a suit against him alleging that one of his reloads blew up his gun and messed up his hand. Later, it came out that the guy was actually using his own reloads produced using an erroneous (and waaaay over-pressure) load recipe and he figured that he'd make good on his loss by going after my friend's livelihood.

These days where lawsuits are filed at the drop of a hat it is the best wealth protection you can have. People sue for their own acts of stupidity and the expenses of defending a claim can mount fast and are likely not recoverable even if you prevail.

There are liability issues and liability insurance is a good investment. One of my childhood friends owns a gun shop and has such a policy since he sells reloaded ammo made on the premises- he's used it exactly once. Guy filed a suit against him alleging that one of his reloads blew up his gun and messed up his hand. Later, it came out that the guy was actually using his own reloads produced using an erroneous (and waaaay over-pressure) load recipe and he figured that he'd make good on his loss by going after my friend's livelihood.

These days where lawsuits are filed at the drop of a hat it is the best wealth protection you can have. People sue for their own acts of stupidity and the expenses of defending a claim can mount fast and are likely not recoverable even if you prevail.
So true - a person selling reloads must have an attorney standing by.

Discussion starter · #120 ·
I use W296 & BlueDot, no chance of a 2X charge. I also have supreme situational awareness due to the needs of my profession. A bad reload just will never happen.

Did you use that same astute "situational awareness" when you voted for Obama? Why don't you be a good little DemoRat traitor and turn your guns in. It's "for the children".

:upeyes:

101 - 120 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.