Glock Talk banner
41 - 60 of 129 Posts
Heck I think I am up to 5 new guns now that I have not even shot yet. They are still sitting in the box. Not because of a lack of ammo but because of a lack of time. I know some people are buying ammo right now to try and resell it but I really believe a majority are buying it to keep it, being worried about future availability. I think that people are slowly learning that you have to stock your own ammo if you want to insure availability.

Buy two boxes shoot one, buy two cases shoot one, repeat and you can quickly start accumulating ammo. I wonder how many people will continue to do this after the supply catches back up again.

The range near me has a waiting list of ATLEAST 1-2 hours at any time of day for the range.

The range does the smart thing. They allow 1 box of ammo with the purchase of range time ($10) ... They have 22/9/40/45 stocked just for range participants :) Smart business plan if you ask me :)
Same near me. Only ammo they sell to not be used on the range is "home defense" ammo.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

I used to go to the range about once a month, but I haven't been to the range in a few months. The main reason is that my local Farm and Fleet that has always carried a big, cheap supply of ammo has been out of hand gun ammo for weeks.

Since more retailers have put Limits on ammo sales there is some ammo on the shelves. Cabelas had 2100 rds of Federal 22 LR with ammo can for 99 bucks plus tax and sold out in short order this week.

On some auction boards around here ammo is going down and 500 rds of Federal 223 is still up for sale at 325.

I am maintaining my stock of ammo. I buy more if I see some when I go to Walmart. If I go to the range, I replenish my ammo before I go.

I also reload but it will not make me go more as components can come up short.
For now, I am busy enough with other things that missing range time dies not bother me. When I do go, I often choose bad weather days because I am all season and most others are not.

This shortage thing may be around a while. We just need to stock up before we need it and make every round count.

This is the best time to be a reloader. Got 9000 pistol primers in stock and 4000 SR primers and 8000 .22 rds
I got tons of lead and 25lbs of powder, I'm set for years.

Almost feel guilty but I've been stocking up for years.

I'm a member of a very nice private range here in South Florida. I go once a week and shoot mostly pistol. I am usually by myself on one of the three pistol ranges if I go on a Monday morning. I shoot my own ammo and have plenty of components so I haven't had to limit the amount of shooting I do. I do like it if a few other people who do not reload are there so I can get more brass. If I shoot my AR I just reload those same rounds again. I haven't had to touch my small stash of 5.56 ammo at all.
If it's the range I think it is, I REALLY wanted to join it... but, I could not abide by their irrational prohibition of CCW. I told them the reason I wasn't joining. They didn't care.

This is the best time to be a reloader. Got 9000 pistol primers in stock and 4000 SR primers and 8000 .22 rds
I got tons of lead and 25lbs of powder, I'm set for years.

Almost feel guilty but I've been stocking up for years.
Not from what I've been reading. Reloading supplies are running low as well if someone is needing to restock.

Do you shoot a lot?

Last week was first time I went to range in almost 2 months. I used to go weekly , 300-400 rounds of center fire 500 22lr. Can't get primers to reload and 22 isn't easy to find.
I have ammo but don't want to run out so shooting less often is the answer for me.

Last week was first time I went to range in almost 2 months. I used to go weekly , 300-400 rounds of center fire 500 22lr. Can't get primers to reload and 22 isn't easy to find.
I have ammo but don't want to run out so shooting less often is the answer for me.
I haven't been shooting in over three months. Lots of snow coming tonight.

I'm a member of a very nice private range here in South Florida. I go once a week and shoot mostly pistol. I am usually by myself on one of the three pistol ranges if I go on a Monday morning. I shoot my own ammo and have plenty of components so I haven't had to limit the amount of shooting I do. I do like it if a few other people who do not reload are there so I can get more brass. If I shoot my AR I just reload those same rounds again. I haven't had to touch my small stash of 5.56 ammo at all.
OHH! Can i come? I'd much rather shoot outdoors. You can have my brass too! I'm in Fort Lauderdale.

41 - 60 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.