Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
18,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a video of a cop hitting an idiot walking incorrectly in the crosswalk. I know around dc lots of teenagers...mostly minorities, walk in the darned street instead of the sidewalks almost challenging people to hit them and cross in crosswalks on green lights when cars are moving at 50 mph. Has the "teen generation" really been dumbed down that they don't realize that a car is stronger than a human body? Do you guys see this in your state too?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...ain&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=outbrain

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
Every once in a while a distraught driver somewhere is told that it really is not their fault, and even though injured, the pedestrian is at fault.

·
Spider
1,832 Posts
I live in western Tennessee, people of all ages, not just teenagers, walk against the light. At times I swear that people purposely see a car coming and walk out in the cross walk. In the video the officer should have stayed and called a supervisor to CYA. If the pedestrian crossed not having the right of way then he would be at fault. Not all intersections do pedestrians always have the right of way. I have seen places, Gatlinburg, TN., where traffic does have to stop when a pedestrian crosses, there are cross walks along the street and it's posted that vehicles have to stop for pedestrians crossing.

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
Dang Muslim Eskimos!

Not the right minority? Albino Pakistani?

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
People need to learn that when the light says to not cross, pedestrians don't have the right of way. That's like a guy driving along and blowing a red light and then creaming another car, and then trying to say the other car was at fault for being in the intersection at the same time he was.

I don't care whether it's a traffic signal for a car or a person, if it says stop and you don't stop, then you're at fault if you cause an accident, and you should pay for any damages done to the car that hits you.

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
29,796 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Where I'm at the trend is to cross not at the cross walk but about 20ft before the crosswalk. They wait for the correct time but then walk in-between the stopped cars across the lanes instead of the actual crosswalk area. Many people have been hit by the car coming up in the left turn lane when someone walks out in front of them from between the stopped cars. It is pretty much the norm here now.

·
Garbage Day!
9,735 Posts
Well, The OP did say D.C., where the population is 50.1% black, so you'd have essentially a 1 in 2 chance of hitting a "minority" in the street.

Just sayin'. :whistling:

·
Use it up, throw it away
9,372 Posts
I drive 30k miles a year, mostly in the city of Los Angeles.

A good deal of it is in Chinatown. As simple as it may seem, those people do not understand when to walk and when not to walk. And then you have people who cross a busy street a section at a time, standing on a double yellow line waiting for a break in traffic. I'm going to say that's the way they do it "back home".

·
Registered
18,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dang Muslim Eskimos!

Not the right minority? Albino Pakistani?
Could be....:rofl:If you don't say what a person is the story loses value. :whistling:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I prefer to call them speed bumps.

·
Registered
18,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I drive 30k miles a year, mostly in the city of Los Angeles.

A good deal of it is in Chinatown. As simple as it may seem, those people do not understand when to walk and when not to walk. And then you have people who cross a busy street a section at a time, standing on a double yellow line waiting for a break in traffic. I'm going to say that's the way they do it "back home".
I see that in downtown DC to I don't know why people think they have the right of way..then get killed by a car or truck that can't stop. I guess they can't drive or walk either. :faint:

·
Registered
18,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, The OP did say D.C., where the population is 50.1% black, so you'd have essentially a 1 in 2 chance of hitting a "minority" in the street.

Just sayin'. :whistling:
Just watch the DC tv stations and see who is getting hit the most...:whistling: These kids think people won't hit them... I speed up while revving the engine in neutral after heading towards them....:rofl:They move then.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Walking in the street when there is a sidewalk is quite common in my neighborhood. What really gets me is the idiots in their running gear jogging right down the middle of a residential street while pushing a high dollar baby stroller with an infant in it. Sure it is a normally low traffic street but one drunk or crazy teen driver can turn onto that street and bring a world of hurt their way. Why not use the sidewalk?

·
Registered
94 Posts
In Phila a city bus with 4 passengers gets in an accident. By the time cops get there the bus is full. Everybody has an injury claim. It's a street sport.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts