close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pensacola: Somebody tell us . . .

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by truckcop, Nov 11, 2006.

1. truckcop

truckcop

what happened today? I'm coming over in the morning. Anything we need to know, i.e., good, bad, ugly?

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i was signd in by 9am, shoot my 3 classes and was gone by 12:30. would of been done a lot quicker if i'd talked less. lot of ROs, well run with no problems.

3. James5m

James5m

Being that the Pensacola match was my very first time shooting GSSF I have to say that it was GREAT!! I thought that I would be a little a nervous, I wasn’t. I was scared to death,:scared: Things like, what order do you shoot? Right to left? Left to right, Load 10 or 11 in my mags.Two shoots on paper one on steel. I started out on 5 to Glock lurking around the signup board for awhile trying to get my stuff in a group.

One of the RO’s came up and asked me if I was ready to shoot.. I kinda looked at him and kicking the dirt and said I think so. His name was Jim aka Old Man (sorry Jim, I don’t remember your last name) I informed him that this was my first time and to go easy on me. He just laughed and said don’t worry you’ll be fine. Jim gave me a few pointers and the next thing you know I’m a standing at the ready line. I won’t bore everyone by going into detail on how I shot. Since it will be posted in a week or so.

In summary I have to say that I don’t think that I have ever seen or met a nicer group of people than at that match in Pensacola. I will plan to attend more matches when I can and hope to meet more GSSF & GT members. I need to thank Danny Johnson (DEJ/FL) for putting on a great match and leading me in the right direction and Escambia River Muzzle Loaders for the use of there range. Not to forget the RO’s , all you guys in the yellow shirts thanks for all your help.:thumbsup:y'all did a great job.

Jim Mark

4. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Jim
    Thanks for the kind words, but I was only as helpful as the BEST group of volunteers anyone could have ask to work with! Without these hard working, dedicated group, the Northwest Florida Ballistic Challange I would not has been the GREAT success it was!
    I was asked to be the ERML GSSF Match Director for the 2007 NWFLBCII and I accepted. I'm looking forward to working with this outstanding group of people!

Dan:cool:

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

WOW What a GREAT BUNCH OF FOLKS
    Hi I am Ron Lee the man at the gate and a retired ERML Club officer. I ask that this be post on your site / forum for me.
    I would like to Thank all the shooters that came to our range this past weekend to shoot. I was very impressed with all of you and with the Glock Sports Shooting Foundation.
    When Dan and I first started to put this match together it was something in the way Dan looked at me when he talked about it that said it would turn out great, that was over two years ago. After lots of hard work and many hours it came to be and it just turned out great. I am no longer the president, but I do know that we THE CLUB are looking forward to the 2007 match and I am looking forward to see a bunch of new friends again next year.
    If you didn't make this shoot you sure missed out on a good time, so try to make the 2007 Match. There are lots of things for the family to enjoy in the Pensacola area and I will gladly reply to your emails if you want some tips on things to do and see while here.
    There are just to many folks to name so I will just say thanks to all and I hope to see you again.
    Ron Lee
    358winchester@outdrs.net

6. gpsdiesel

gpsdiesel Senior Member

It was a bit of a drive from Orlando, but worth every minute. Thanks to all who put this event on. It was well run, professional, and everything I have come to expect from GSSF matches. The breakfast, lunch, coffee & soda was most appreciated. I will be back next year with some more friends.

Roger Stomberg
    NRA Life Member
    rstomberg@bellsouth.net

7. BCarver

BCarver Millennium Member CLM

My wife and I had the pleasure of working with some great range members Saturday, offering our assistance and working as an RO on the Glock M. Congratulations to Pete, Dan, Don and the range members on putting on one of the most organized and smoothly ran matches that I have attended this year.

I shot my stages on Sunday, enjoying the sunlight and excellent weather. Thanks to everyone for donating your time and efforts to organize and facilitate the match with Glock. I'm looking forward to attending next year.

Regards,
    Bobby Carver

8. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Geee Now I am blushing!

Thank you everyone.

Pharaoh

Pete
    :supergrin: