close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pensacola Hotel Info (somewhat...)

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by SARDG, Oct 22, 2011.

1. SARDG

SARDG

Per Dan and Don I contacted AJ Martin at ERML, the GSSF venue, and got this response:

Howard Johnson within 10 miles of the range, around $40/night

http://reservations.therealplaces.com/hotel/10013541-10000314O.html?ses=3b6c29eda734c23a449ea0928951c13cav&unps=y

Any of these are also close to the range.

http://www.therealplaces.com/hotels-on-street/FL/Pensacola/Pine%20Forest%20Road

I will try to get a special rate at one of thes hotels next week and get back to you.

AJ Martin

More of AJ's and ERML's contact info is on the ERML site:
    http://www.erml-gunclub.org/

If AJ sends more rate info, I will post, but if you simply want to look at hotels near ERML...:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4020+Rocky+Branch+Rd,Cantonment,+Florida&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7GGIE_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x8890921a6ddc9335:0xeb9d64fc4b43db0c,4020+Rocky+Branch+Rd,+Cantonment,+FL+32533&gl=us&ei=Qe2iTsyxNYyutwfBkeG0Cg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA
    They are all near I-10 and Highway 29 - about 10 miles if you're a crow, or 13 road miles.

Howard Johnson's is cheap, but didn't get fantastic reviews. While I am waiting to see if AJ comes up with special rates, I made reservations at Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn. If any of the in-crowd knows where the in-crowd goes... (GSSFers), let us know.

How about Friday night dining, etc.? Anyone up to it? I'm thinking of dropping by the range after I check in - probably about 5PM though...

Now, all this being said, I'm not 100% certain I can get to this match yet. Should know by Monday...

Kitty

2. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy

Thanks Kitty still on the fence if I want to make the long drive up there.

3. SARDG

SARDG

I'd say that you are welcome to ride up with me Chris - but I am a retired vagabond, not in any need of a particular schedule. Leaving my house about 9AM Friday, and may be leaving Pensacola area for the return about noonish on Sunday.

I think there are a few (Glock Talk GSSF) shooters in our area who may be going but still work for a living. They may be interested in sharing gas and a hotel room and should PM you to see if the schedules mesh.

4. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy

Might take you up on that offer rather ride with someone I've met before then some stranger. Sharing a room definitly wouldn't do haha I'm just weird like that but at $40 a night that's super cheap. I'll just need to check my schedule to see if I can be away from work for a day. I have 5 days I need to take before the end of the year anyways.

Are you going to RO? This would be my second match but after I shoot I can help paste or do whatever.

5. SARDG

SARDG

Well, HoJos got some underwelming reviews, and AJ may get discounted rates yet at other places. In the meantime, I made reservations at a couple of places about 3 miles west of HoJos off I-10.

May as well wait a few days and see how this pays out.

Yes, I should be ROing. Remember, if I go, I plan to stay 2 days.

6. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Kitty, you are invited to the team BBQ. I will get you directions.

7. SARDG

SARDG

Cool... :cool: I was hoping that was on and that was another reason to stay nearer to AHC Headquarters.

8. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

I did an Expedia search of Pensacola hotels. Of the twenty or so that were listed as being within 15 miles of the shoot and under $100 a night they all had crappy reviews. Bad service, bad staff and dirty was a consistant theme in all of them.

9. SARDG

SARDG

Holiday Inn Express got good reviews (5 stars) on a Google related hotel search and is $102 Gov't rate - plus tax of course. I am leaning toward that hotel as I also get a few airline miles.

EDIT: Comfort Inn got 3.5-4 stars and later reviews are better than earlier reviews. $80/night Marginally closer to the range than Holiday Inn.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  10. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

My wife is willing to make the trip but wants to stay closer to the beach for her and my son. I will be looking in that direction and driving out to the range.

11. SARDG

SARDG

Received a reply earlier from AJ about Pensacola/GSSF hotels that said, in part:

"I was unable to get any special rates on hotels in the local area because I do not have enough confirmed out-of-town shooters to guarantee the hotel..."

I've been able to confirm my participation and have reservations at Holiday Inn Express and Comfot Inn arr: Friday, checkout: Sun - haven't decided which one to cancel. Not staying near Howard Johnson's, but at the hotel grouping that is more westerly by 2 or 3 miles, just off of I-10 . Anyone else staying at these hotels or around that area?

12. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

I ended up booking a room at the Red Roof Inn for Saturday night thru American Express Travel. About half of the posted one night cost. It is just off of I10 on 29.

13. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy

Due to work being crazy right now I'm not going to be able to make hopefully I'll make the Orlando shoot but I definitly will be at the Clearwater one.

14. SARDG

SARDG

Just as well as riding with me with no particular place to go... I also expect to be at both Orlando and Clearwater.

15. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

I understand that some of the hotels on Pensacola Beach have some pretty good off season rates! It about a 30 mile drive from the beach to the range but it is all 4 lane/interstate. The GSSF crew is staying at the Hampton Inn/Pensacola Beach.

Dan:cool:

16. SARDG

SARDG

Looks beautiful, and I wouldn't mind tormenting the GSSF folks - but the 30 mile drive is a killer for someone who thinks noon is early and has to be at the range at 0800. :)

Betcha GSSF doesn't make it by 0800... Who is coming Dan, do you know?

17. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Scott and Erin.