Pensacola, FL Debriefing & Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Nov 6, 2010.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories and photos here.:wavey:

2. sarhog

sarhog Helo bubba

No photos to share, but I shot my personal best today in Master Stock. :) Hopefully, I can do as well tomorrow in Guardian.
    Great weather out there!

3. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

C'mon, give.....what was it?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  4. sarhog

sarhog Helo bubba

Hopefully I can improve a little today!

5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

I left Mobile around 8:30 and, after an errand, managed to get to ERML around 10. I registered at the walk-up and signed in at all the stations.

I started shooting on 5 to Glock, set up in the pentagon pattern, and ran my guns in my normal order, 17c in unlimited, 30sf in submajor, 26 in subcompact, 17 in competition and the 17 again in stock.

Next came the Glock'M, set up in more like a W with the steel stacked one behind the other.

Last came the plates.

I made it through 5 to Glock unscathed and actually did well on the stock and comp entries.

Glock'M was the undoing of my unlimited hopes, as a miss on the far right target resulted in my final time being a 68.68 (if my quick attempt at addition was correct). Stock, subcompact, submajor and competition scores were good as I entered the plates.

At the plates, the sound of laughter was louder than gunfire. Said laughter was from the 3 plates I left standing :faint: with my 30sf, and that attempt at fame and recognition suffered an ego slapping collapse.
    I managed a few sub 3 second runs with my other guns, but usually managed to balance them out with a low 5 or high 4 time.

The hasty, pre-return trip math (if I didn't make any mistakes) shows that I ended up with 3 runs that might be personal bests (with and gun in a GSSF match). I know my subcompact score is the best I have ever shot with it, my stock score almost broke the 50 second barrier ETA- looks like my math was bad and I actually had a 47.## that was .1 behind the first place in Master Stock.and if the scores hold, I may have managed a 46.## with my comp score.

On the meet and greet front, it was good to meet Sarhog again, see all the Team Carver guys (although Jerry and his voodoo were what gave the plates the power to defy factory 45ACP), and meet a lot of new shooters.

Met and spoke with Jim Montgomery, who graciously agreed to join our master team for the day.

Thanks to DEJ for discovering that someone had put a G23 spring in a G17 mag sometime before I bought it.

Thanks to the GSSF staff for the job they do. As I was leaving, the scores were being entered. Such quick work may result in us seeing the results as soon as tomorrow.

If you have never shot a GSSF match, come on out and give it a whirl. No pressure, just nice folks, common interest and fun.:supergrin:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  6. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  7. truckcop

truckcop

I missed last year's match so it was good to see folks I haven't seen in quite a while. :wavey: BamaTrooper, the Carver guys/gals, and new folks I hadn't met before. Anyway, I'm downloading pics as I type. I only took about 600 so it might take me a few minutes after downloading to cull, edit, cull and edit, edit and cull. This is why I don't have any fully automatic weapons. If I shot bullets like I shoot pictures (hold down the button and let it go) I would need a Pentagon-sized ammo budget.
    Pics to come - maybe sometime in the morning.
    Oh yeah. Thanks to the range staff. Everything went smoothly. Picture perfect day. Shot mediocre myself. Typical. :crying:

8. truckcop

truckcop

Stand by for some pics, in no particular order. Random shooters, random activities:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. truckcop

truckcop

More to come:
    (difficult shooting (pictures) - range in bright bright sunshine & shooters in the shade)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. truckcop

truckcop

11. truckcop

truckcop

[​IMG]

Bama Trooper Rips a couple of quick ones off
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. truckcop

truckcop

13. truckcop

truckcop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Future GSSF Master
    [​IMG]

Proud Papa
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. truckcop

truckcop

15. truckcop

truckcop

16. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

Good pics, Ken...
    Although once the camera came out, I started shooting too fast trying to make SportsCenter :rofl:

17. CaptNemo

CaptNemo

Thanks to the whole crew for putting on a great event !!!
    This was my first GSSF shoot, and my first match as well.
    Thanks to the armorer on Saturday, I appologize that I didn't catch your name but I hope the hat I gave you expresses my thanks for the help on my 22 & 27. At least we didn't have to get too forcefull with the hammer on the trigger pin. The Extended Slide Release worked very well and solved a gripe about the stock parts.
    That being said: I really don't care where I finished, it was good to get out and put some rounds down range.
    I left a plate or two standing and there were bullets that didn't make a hole in the cardboard target - how they didn't make a hole, I don't know... :upeyes:
    As far as my poor score, the following is my list of excuses from Saturday:
    It was my first match, first time shooting plates, etc.
    The Model 22 was a brand new gun, I had only dry fired it a dozen times before I stepped to the line at Glock the Plates. I hadn't even heard it go "Bang" yet...
    I had only shot 4 or 5 magazines thru the Model 27 in the 5 + years I've owned it. the last time I shot it was 4 months ago.
    The sun was in my eyes & the dog ate my home work... Those are my stories and I'm sticking to 'em !
    Again, THANKS to the crew that make these events possible and for the great service at the range.
    Scott Baria, AKA CaptNemo

18. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

My daughter and I arrived Saturday afternoon from Atlanta. I went ahead and registered and shot two entries that day. Today I finished my entry and my 12 year old daughter shot hers, for this match being her second match (Conyers was her first) she had no mikes on Five to Glock, Glock M and she left only one plate standing. I am very proud that she did this well. The RO's were great.

Thanks to all who put on an excellent match in the panhandle.

Thanks to Truckcop who took this photo of my daughter. [​IMG]

19. Dingus

Dingus

Great action photos of some really fine shooters and a few "posture-poor" shooters. There are lessons to be learned.

20. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Thanks, Ken, for the really fine photos of our GSSF members. The photo of "FireGlock" of Team Carver Mounts is especially good. That goatee looks mighty white.:cool: