close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pensacola 2011 Debriefing & Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Nov 5, 2011.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories & photos here.

No fair shooting gators or cooters.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  2. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

I will be shooting on Sunday, but as I am only an hour away, I can tell you the day broke clear, cool and sunny and the wind appears to have stopped.

Good luck to all the shooters and if you haven't shot before and are within an hour or two, drive on over and enjoy.

3. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

I will be there with BamaTrooper. :crying: I hope that practice session worked. :whistling:

See ya tomorrow.:wavey:

4. truckcop

truckcop

Haven't posted here in a while. I think my last match was p'cola last year. Anyway, shot today. All went well and very quickly. No problems from my perspective. Thanks to all the range staff and GSSF staff. Good to see old friends and make new ones. Here are a bunch of random shots from today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. truckcop

truckcop

6. truckcop

truckcop

7. truckcop

truckcop

8. truckcop

truckcop

9. truckcop

truckcop

10. truckcop

truckcop

OK, last ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. James5m

James5m

Truckcop ( Ken ) Those are some GREAT pictures. I still think that you
    are still our unofficial official match photographer. Thank you for taking the time
    to take them.

12. Mrs. L.

Mrs. L.

Looks like a good time was had by all! Yay! (29 degrees up here this am!)

13. James5m

James5m

Wish you and Jim could have made this match. We had great weather
    and from what I heard we had 240 entries at 2 pm. Maybe be next year y'all can make it.

14. Ocean_glocker

Ocean_glocker

I had a great time, this was my 2nd match, my first being Conyers, so it was nice to relax and take time between shoots and divisions.

I shot my G27 pretty well still getting used to it, My G35, which I have had the longest I still have trouble with and the kicker is I shot best all-around with my G22 that I bought (used) yesterday!

The G35 may be on its way out the house...

15. BigDog40

BigDog40

Had a great time at my first ever competition. Everyone was helpful and friendly, from the folks at the GSSF table and all the RO's. One of the RO's told me "that little buzzer can be addicting", and now I know why.
    I have now talked my buddy into going back for the Sunday shoot and I will be shooting another division.....or two.

16. SARDG

SARDG

Nice meeting you today BigDog. I finished up shooting today and they don't need any additional ROs tomorrow, but if I can get up and get moving I'm coming back and shoot Bama's racegun. May see you again.

They didn't seem crowded at all today - maybe it was the big game keeping folks at home to prepare. Alabama/LSU was like the SuperBowl game around here.

Shot my personal best in Comp (88.xx) and AmCiv (83.xx), but the CoF are the 'short' models so scores will likely be a little better for this match, on average.

I didn't notice any specific squading problems today. There were some new ROs around. I was ROing 5tG when Pete from Team Carver came to the line and told me exactly what commands he expected and how he would acknowledge - Shooter ready?, (nod from Pete), Standby, BUZZ. I told him he was in luck, because that's exactly how I run shooters (except sometimes I don't get` a nod). :) Shooters shouldn't hesitate to have a short dialog with the Chief RO at a stage to make certain you're both on the same page. ROs vary in their procedure and experience and it benefits the shooter to read not only the rules, but the RO guides at http://www.gssfonline.com/ - even if you have no specific plans to RO.

The weather was quite nice today - not windy as it had been on Friday. Supposed to be about the same tomorrow. If I show up tomorrow I'll probably be wearing a light blue Alabama Holster Company t-shirt. Come up and introduce yourself.

Kitty

17. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

I made it thru the weekend without totally embarrassing myself. My goal was to hit all the targets and most of the steel. I actually did much better in the Glock M and 5 to Glock shooting the G23 than I thought I would. Now the Plates that was something else. Basically I suck at those things. My times were slow all the way around but I was focusing on just hitting the targets and not worrying myself about the clock. All you high shooters have nothing to worry about, your winnings are safe. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I shot the G23 on Saturday planning on breaking out the G35 on Sunday, unfortunately I managed to slam my right hand between my suit case and door frame. Woke up Sunday morning with my right hand swollen and hurting like a bad dog when I tried to make a fist. Decided to pass on shooting today. Went back out to the range and the very nice folks at the table refunded my money. I did manage to have the Armorer take a look at the G35. It was a police turn in and you never really know how many rounds have been fired thru them and what kind of maintenance it had received. He changed out the rod and most of the springs. Awful nice of Glock to provide this service free of charge. I would like to take this time to think all of the staff from Glock and all the volunteers RO's. Without them these events would never happen. The RO's were all very patient, open to questions and freely answered all that I had. Thank you all for your service to our community and the shooting sports.<o:p></o:p>
    Of course had to visit the Glock tent and brought home another hat and shirt. Now will have to wait and see how the drawings work out for more Glock swag. I also bought a couple of raffle tickets for the local club drawing. <o:p></o:p>
    Also a big thank you to the club for providing the ranges and supporting the shoot. Putting together an event of this size takes a lot of people working in the background to make it happen. Without them this event would have never happened.

One question: How long does it take for them to do the drawings and how will I be notified?:upeyes:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  18. BigDog40

BigDog40

Well, I'm addicted now. Went back and shot Comp with my 35 and Heavy Metal with my 21.... Heavy Metal on the plates was no fun. Pysch'd myself out, loading with 7 just ain't enough. Took a buddy and he seemed to have a good time, he shot Am Guardian with his duty 22.
    Got to chat with SARDG for a few more minutes and met Bama in passing.
    Wanted to thank Kitty for the words of wisdom...1 shot on paper, 1 shot on paper, 1 shot on paper...

19. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Nice to meet you. Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk much, but I was trying to get down to the plates and finish up.

Keep an eye out for a match in Mobile in case we get to host one.

20. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Awoke at 7:30, had coffee, finished checkingmy gear and hit the road around 8:15. One stop to pick up a teammate and we were at the range by 9:30.

Shot 5 categories. Major sub was rocking along with only 2 penalties after 2 events and then the plates:shocked::faint::crying:

Subcompact was a highmid 50s, comp was a 55ish, stock was a 53ish and then, through the fickle chance of fate, using my the same gun I use for stock and comp, I shot a personal best 45.27 (if my math is correct) in the unlimited division, but the score will be pitted against the race guns, so :faint:again.

Highest competitor number that I was able to find was 380.