GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been meaning to post visual representations of pencil barrel dimensions and differences at the muzzle.

Left to right:
AK-prefix (pencil barrel)
AL-prefix (pencil barrel)
CG-prefix (standard G17 barrel diameter)

First and foremost notice how a pencil barrel visually appears compared to a standard barrel. Often this is all you’ll have in a potential purchase. The barrel is obviously thinner, but the muzzle crown is more pronounced as well, not to mention rounded.

Next, I noticed that while the pencil barrels outer diameter is the same between AK vs. AL prefix, the hole in the front of the slide for the barrel became slightly enlarged. I’ve noticed this similar difference in other AL-prefixes. As odd as it sounds, I’m still having difficulty determining the exact size by which the hole expanded using a caliper as I did to measure the barrel diameter. I’ll keep trying.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
I'm too tired to find it now. However a few months ago I posted a detailed examination of my pencil barrels with barrel diameter and the slide hole diameter. I included numerous prefixes that had not been imported into United States.

The main limitation that I found is like you it is difficult to precisely measure the slide hole diameter with my calipers.

Reactions: Marcus99

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm too tired to find it now. However a few months ago I posted a detailed examination of my pencil barrels with barrel diameter and the slide hole diameter. I included numerous prefixes that had not been imported into United States.

The main limitation that I found is like you it is difficult to precisely measure the slide hole diameter with my calipers.
I regretfully have not seen this informative post. I would love to read it. Please post the link when you have an opportunity Ron.

...or if you feel like perking up so you can stay awake later turn on the tailend of the Democratic debates. Trying to understand some of their arguments is an exercise sure to keep you up all evening hahaha

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
I regretfully have not seen this informative post. I would love to read it. Please post the link when you have an opportunity Ron.

...or if you feel like perking up so you can stay awake later turn on the tailend of the Democratic debates. Trying to understand some of their arguments is an exercise sure to keep you up all evening hahaha
I'll try to find the link when I have time which will not be for at least a few days. Actually spent a fair bit of time with the calipers and everything trying to measure this.

And I most certainly was not watching that debate I can never stomach it.

all that my father who is this conservative is I am to the extent that possible keeps texting me about how gorgeous Tulsi Gabbard is so I guess he watched it. Certainly not fodder for The Collector for him so I shall stop.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Some additional measurements. This is an AFxxx vs FFxxx in mm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts