close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Peep/Ghost Ring Sights on Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by federali, Feb 23, 2005.

1. federali

federali

Does anyone have experience using a peep or ghost ring sight on a Glock handgun? They should be more accurate than open sights but should also suffer in reduced light. Which sight would you recommend? Or, was switching over to the peep a mistake in your opinion?

2. Dino Rustler

Dino Rustler

I have the ghost ring rear with fiber optic front on my G27.
    I found it much faster than a regular sight.
    For close range I found it very fast and useful. I did a IDPA type match indoors with it and it worked great!! (and yes everybody knew I had ghost ring and I shot the course for fun not score).
    I found at longer ranges say past 50-60 feet it was harder for me to tell if I was left/right of center. Basically all of my shots were still center of mass on the target.
    Best thing I can say is see if somebody has them on a gun and try them out.
    I have a friend (retired LE) who loves them on his G17.

3. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

They are fast up close (but so is a slide with no sights) but lack precision, especially at distance. A set of notch and post sights with good light ratios is faster and more precise.

4. dport

dport

CGR is too modest to toot their own horn, so I will. Spend the money on race-cut Heinie sights from Custom Glock Racing.

I was quite disappointed with ghost ring sights on a pistol, simply because ghost rings on pistols don't eliminate the third focal point like they do on long guns, so they don't work as they are supposed to.

I also tried Meprolights. I even filed them out to get a better light ratio. For me, the front sight is too wide for precision work.

All in all, I would have saved myself big $$$ if I would have just bought the race-cut Heinie's from CGR.