Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Taco Bus...yes, it's a bus and evidently, a Tampa landmark. I maintain that some of the best places to eat are "hole in the wall" joints. And they're open 24 hours! :banana:

http://tampatacobus.com/

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Those look awesome, Lisa honey:kiss::hugs::eat:

·
Anti-Federalist
20,805 Posts
We have a quite a few Taco trailers out my way. My Favorite is Taco Boy on Highlands Road.

They do chorizo, cow tongue, steak and pork. All covered with cilantro and onions, lime wedges on the side. One dollar each :supergrin:

Tasty.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I've driven by them but never stopped. If you say they are good, I'll have to stop and try them... :wavey:

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have a quite a few Taco trailers out my way. My Favorite is Taco Boy on Highlands Road.
I will need to check them out next time I take a bike ride. :wavey:

·
Registered
21,448 Posts
That's great...we've got two of those ourselves - two 24/7 taco buses parked across the street from each other. Excellent food.

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've driven by them but never stopped. If you say they are good, I'll have to stop and try them... :wavey:
My one friend had some type of steak burrito that was wicked good. Another one had some cut of meat on a bun that, as simple as it sounds, was fabulous.

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we've got two of those ourselves - two 24/7 taco buses parked across the street from each other.
I can't believe I didn't know about "bus dining" and how common this is. I missed the bus.:faint:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
My sister lives in southern Idaho where there are tons of Mexican workers. She says the best Mexican food to be had comes from the 'roach coaches'.

·
↓ hog hunter ↓
9,402 Posts
I'll take your word for it. Any place that has mojados cooking inside, standing in line outside and working on the roof has to be authentic.

Yes, I assume. But not much.

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All I have is a stale bag of pretzels here in my desk drawer... :crying:
I will spare you and not take a picture of the snack cabinet in my office.

·
bulletproof
1,853 Posts
Those look great. Wish we had a few places like that around here. One of those fish tacos would have been a heck of alot better than the Tom Thumb hotdog I just ate.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She says the best Mexican food to be had comes from the 'roach coaches'.
There are two types of roach-coach in Tampa; I eat off the one's the laborers eat off of.

·
The Bombdiggity
28,787 Posts
We also have a rather famous venue for fish tacos in San Antonio that is "odd"

"The Cove"

The funny thing about it (from their website)

Welcome to The Cove! Restaurant, Beer Garden, Live Music venue and oh yeah, a laundromat and carwash.

It is a pretty cool place and the food is very good.

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll take your word for it. Any place that has mojados cooking inside, standing in line outside and working on the roof has to be authentic.
There were some very expensive cars in the lot all the way down to people rolling up on their bicycles and hopping off a bus. Seems like EVERYONE enjoys the food here.

·
Registered
20,885 Posts
Looks excellent. I am embarrassed to say I have yet to have a fish taco. I don't even see them advertised much around my area. What kind of fish was it?

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome to The Cove! Restaurant, Beer Garden, Live Music venue and oh yeah, a laundromat and carwash.

It is a pretty cool place and the food is very good.
That is brilliant.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts