close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pearce Grip PG-GP 3rd Mag Extender

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Snooch..!!!, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Snooch..!!!

Snooch..!!! señor snooch..!

Will these work on G26 or G27 mags..?

www.
    bo tach
    tactical
    .com/
    peaecegrippggp.html

The forum would not let me post the link for some reason so please take the above info and put the words "bo" and "tach" together along with everything else to make one solid link.

Since I already have a LW 9mm conversion barrel for my G23, I am leaning toward getting a G27 for "deeper" concealed carry and use the LW barrel in it to shoot IDPA matches. I am not too keen on only having 9 round mags, so I would get these extenders to put me to 11 for my first mag. Then I will use my G23 mags as my two spares in my double mag pouch.

2. voyager4520

voyager4520

Here's the page on it from the manufacturer:
    http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-GP

I've never tried them but they should work fine. Putting them on a G27 mag, you shouldn't have any issues with magazine spring strength because the G27 magazines use the same 9-coil spring that G23 magazines do.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011

3. Snooch..!!!

Thank you..!

I was thinking the same thing, but the description even on the link you posted is kind of ambiguous.

It says:

"This unit adds capacity to Mid and Full Size Glock high capacity magazines"

G26 and G27 mags, in my opinion, are not considered "high capacity".

I will contact them from the site you provided, thanks again. :wavey:

4. dajcarroll

dajcarroll

I actually just bought one of these for my Glock 19. Put it on a 15 round mag. Box says grip adds three to a 9mm. Wrong. With the Glock easy loader I can get two more in there, but it seems really sketchy to me. The bottom of the mag swells. I will need to fire some at the range before I trust it. It definitely does not add as many as it says. Glock 9mm owners beware. I love the look of it, but don't think for one second you'll be able to carry 18 in your mag with this. Has anyone else had this problem? Or gotten 18 in there? Pearce Grip Glock Plus XL PG-GP.

5. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

For $10 its not a huge risk to try

:50cal:

6. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member Silver Member

I put +1 on my G26 range mags. Never had trouble with them. They fit tight and work OK. I can't say as far as the +3, but if my +1 is any indication, I'd say you should be fine. I also have GAP floor plates on my 2 carry mags as they don't add length to the grip.

Why would you want to add +3 to (I am assuming) a CC pistol?

7. dajcarroll

dajcarroll

Nope, my Glock is actually my home protection gun. I don't really carry. As far as +3 goes... I honestly got it just for the extra handle grip, but who wouldn't want any extra ammo possible? "Hey do you want a 15rd mag or and 18rd?" Duh, give me the 18. Chances are all I'd ever need is one or two bullets... but I'd rather have too many than not enough.

Glock 19 - Gen 3

8. Snooch..!!!

Just bought a used G27 in pretty good shape.

Other than the barrel wear, after I cleaned it up it looks pretty much new.

Any way, it came with one mag which had a Pierce +2 (for .40) extension on it. I can get 11 rounds in it, but getting it to seat with the slide closed is a chore and seems to me that 10+1 is all I should try to go with. I think that if I loaded the mag to 11+1 it "might" cause cycling issues on that first round due to the 11th round in the mag pressing so tightly against the bottom of the slide.

But I am just speculating here, I haven't actually tried it yet.

9. OVERTHEHILLGUY

OVERTHEHILLGUY

:whistling:If you install a a mag. extender on your G26, why didn't you just purchase a G19 with five more rounds?
    Almost the same lenght.:dunno:

10. Bflying

Bflying

If not concerned about conceal size or how "pretty" it is, just pop in G17/22 mags.

11. dajcarroll

dajcarroll

A grip extension is about $10... I found one for a different caliber in a clearance bin at my local gun shop for $5. A G17/19 high cap mag is about $35-40. 10 rounders are $20-25. Less expensive and the extension matches the grip style almost perfectly. Same reason why I bought the extension instead of a whole new mag that was more expensive.

12. Snooch..!!!

If you guys are talking to me, the mag extension was already on the mag that came with the G27 I bought today.

But I do like using the extension rather than a G19 mag (even with a mag sleeve) because it surprisingly does make a difference in concealability over a G19 or my G23. That extra little 3/4 of an inch or so on the back of the grip of my G23 is the difference between poking out the side/back of my shirt and not. A factory nine round flush mag literally disappears but I am not a fan of the 2 finger death grip technique.

My 2 reload mags however are my G23 mags and I may even buy a couple G22 mags later to give me that 4 extra rounds.

:wavey:

13. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER

This^^^^^^^

Plus the fact it is as ugly as sin.