close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pearce +1 on a stock G36

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Glock30 Guy, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Glock30 Guy

Glock30 Guy XD40

I read that some people have feeding issues after installing the +1 grip extensions on the G36. Any truth to it? I have yet to fire the gun. Just bought yesterday but I already added the extensions on the the two mags that came with it. I try to keep things as stock as possible but I liked the added length on the end.

2. coq

coq Raging Member

I've never had an issue. I believe some people say since the floor plate is farther away, the spring tension would be less, causing a possible feeding problem...and that you should replace with stronger aftermarket spring. But since there's an extra round taking up the space, why would that be the case, except maybe on the very last round? I carry with a +0, but most of my backup mags are all +1. Other than that, I'm stock. When I go to the range with the 36, it's usually with +1 mags...after maybe 1500 rounds, I have NEVER had a single malfunction with this gun. Give it a try.

3. Glock30 Guy

Glock30 Guy XD40

Ok, thanks. I will head there tomorrow and put it thru the hoops. I prefer to have the extension but not if it means having issues. Only one way to find out...

4. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

No problems with mine. Stock mag springs too.

5. Glock30 Guy

Glock30 Guy XD40

Ran thru 150 rounds with two 7+1 mags today and the Pearce ext. No problems.

6. Wolf7897

Wolf7897

I had problems with my +1 grip extension... wouldnt feed the 3 round.

7. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I had problems with the +1. I recently added a Wolff mag spring and no problems since. If you plan on using the +1, get some of the Wolff Magazine springs.