Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal
Trigger Air gun Line Gun barrel Revolver

Hi there y'all..been wanting to join for a minute now. Pleased to meet you guys. Before I became an armorer, alot of good info on here helped me. So I wanna say thank you guys for your help and efforts, its very appreciated.

Ive finally found a brand new g29.
Im so excited as its gonna be my first gen4, i have multiple gen3's and two gen5's.
Been looking for a long long time. Should be arriving in a week. 馃檪

I dont ever run anything thats not OEM especially on my carry guns, and im gonna be alternating between my 23 and my 29 for carry.

So im a bit hesitant about using anything aftermarket, especially cause at Glock they train us to stick to OEM, and I understand exactly why.
That being said, ive read alot of mixed reviews on the pearce grip extensions. Some say its great, some say it gives issues. I try to take reviews lightly, as we know as armorers that alot of these issues could be user error and not the products quality/performance.

Keep in mind that im really not getting them for extra capacity. Im fine with 10rd and i always carry an extra mag, id rather not push the oem spring past its potential.
My thing is reliability. And having that extra pinky support. Thats really the only reason I want them.

So question:
What are your experiences with either
The +0 pinky extension? (PG-29)
And the +2 extension? (PG-1045+2)

bought both.

Thoughts, experiences and feedback would greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

Registered
I just got myself a G29 last week as well! It's my first 10mm but I really like it so far.

I also have a G36 with the Pearce +0 extension and to me it makes a difference in the comfort when shooting but not really so much in the controllability when shooting, if that makes sense. It's simply a comfort thing which means longer shooting sessions. I've not had any feeding problems with any of the ammo I've run through it. And although I don't have any experience with the +rounds extensions, I've heard they can contribute to failure to feed from the mag spring not having enough push to get the last few rounds out - others with experience will probably set the record straight.

I have ordered the +0 extensions for my G29, but having shot it with the stock mags I again expect them to make a difference in comfort rather than control.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got myself a G29 last week as well! It's my first 10mm but I really like it so far.

I also have a G36 with the Pearce +0 extension and to me it makes a difference in the comfort when shooting but not really so much in the controllability when shooting, if that makes sense. It's simply a comfort thing which means longer shooting sessions. I've not had any feeding problems with any of the ammo I've run through it. And although I don't have any experience with the +rounds extensions, I've heard they can contribute to failure to feed from the mag spring not having enough push to get the last few rounds out - others with experience will probably set the record straight.

I have ordered the +0 extensions for my G29, but having shot it with the stock mags I again expect them to make a difference in comfort rather than control.
Thanks so much bud !! Really appreciate your feedback. Ive never ran extensions on my g36 as it fits perfect for me with the stock mags. I do get the pinky pinch when i take it to the range but meh i just deal with it. Love it too much overall to let that hinder my opinion on it.

I feel like i do have a bit larger hands than most/average females, but my 26 OEM +2 fits perfect for my pinky support.

Lemme know how it goes with the pinky extension on the 29! :) ill keep you posted on my experience with them. If it fits my pinky fine, im likely not gonna run the +2 extension but ill see.
Welcome to GT
Thank you so much !! 馃挋馃檹
Welcome to GT
Thank you so much! 馃檹馃挋馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive also seen a few people run g20 15rd mags but use the gripx sleeve or the a&g.

Having 15 rd. sounds wonderful, but knowing mag well/mag anatomy, i can see how its brought so many issues for people, as it will likely not be stable or sit firmly in place due to extended length. Let me know if you guys by any chance have ran either of these sleeves with g20 mags as well please

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I put roughly 500 to 600 rounds of warm ammo through both mags before I started carrying with them. Stock RSA.
Well then thank you so much brother. So happy to hear that they worked flawlessly through hundreds of rounds. They genuinely look so nice and eliminate the pinky hanging out. Thanks so much. 馃檹馃挏

Blessings

NRA Life Member
I have used Pearce extensions on Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Glock 27 and Glock 43 magazines, probably since Pearce started making them. I remember having them since the early 90's. Never had any kind of problem with one. I choose Pearce first, if they make the extension I want (for some reason they only make a +0 for the G36).

NRA Life Member
Thanks for your feedback brother 馃檹 i wonder whats making all these issues occur with other people. Could be a million things man.
Most of them don't know how to grip or shoot a handgun and apparently no amount of pseudo-military fashion accessories with fix that problem. Most Glock malfunctions are user induced, but using the stock recoil spring with a magazine extension can take out that little bit of extra power that was keeping the average couch potato from causing malfunctions in his gun.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Most of them don't know how to grip or shoot a handgun and apparently no amount of pseudo-military fashion accessories with fix that problem. Most Glock malfunctions are user induced, but using the stock recoil spring with a magazine extension can take out that little bit of extra power that was keeping the average couch potato from causing malfunctions in his gun.
Yeah man, a main reason why i didnt come onto glock talk sooner was it bothers me very much that so many new glock owners come on here to absolutely trash glock / their pistols. When its something they themselves have done wrong. Im not doubting that a mechanical error can occur. I know very well that its possible, but its highly unlikely with glock. Ive cleaned/serviced peoples guns that have neglected and tortured tested the crapout of them, im sure yall have too. Ive seen it alot on here that people come and say awful things about it, vwrbally attack people trying to help them, and then a week later come back and say oh wait, i didnt out a pin or a spring back in. 馃槖馃槖 LOL. Anybody can make a mistake, we all have, but vet yourself and what you may have done wrong before you trash a phenomenal tool is all im sayin

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.