PDA Scoring

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Noah Gladstone, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Noah Gladstone

Noah Gladstone

Despite some minor problems PDA scoring is definitly the way to go. It will reduce waiting time and providing a hard copy to the shooters is a great service. All the gliches that I saw appeared to be minor and easily solved. This system puts GSSF ahead for the rest of the shooting sports. I have never finished a glock match as fast as I did at Statesville. Jel and the rest of the GSSF staff deserve alot of credit for getting this running.

2. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

It worked well for me and my guys as well. One minor glitch where the code would not scan for one of our shooters. Other wise a winning combination.

I wonder how it will do in Conyers? :)

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Saturday had problems. Jackie and crew have some work to do. I'm sure it will be fixed but it's not quite ready for prime time yet. For glockNstein and I this was the longest match in recent memory.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Now Fireglock, at least you got to shoot your Glocks and share some quality time with friends, outdoors in beautiful weather. Not all were as fortunate as you.

5. GJM89

GJM89

Your right Danny, Besides he got to spend two whole days with me.;g ;g ;g ;g

6. GLOCKhp

GLOCKhp Proud American

Coulda been the RO y'all got stuck with on the 5!;)

I think it'll be a great system once the bumps are smoothed out and the ROs get used to them (esp us country boys that don't quite fit into the high-tech redneck group). I agree with Noah (who got stuck with that same RO) in thinking that it'll eventually speed things up. My only concerns about the system are 1) RO "turnover" from year to year (though the matches I've attended and/or ROd at seem to have a fair number of "repeat offenders") and 2) poor weather (e.g., Anderson '02 -- I know how the cold and rain affected me, so I wonder what it would do to one of those fancy machines?). [I know there have been much worse matches weather-wise, but that's been my worst, and being out in it all day wasn't much fun.] I still think it's quite a system, and I say here's to JEL and the rest of the GSSF crew for moving us into the future!;c ;c

But all that's just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like!;P

7. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Fair enough Danny, I did have a great time. ;f It would have been better if you could have been there though. I'm not unhappy we're getting away from paper, the move is not without some bumps though. The printout is a nice touch, I like that. :) I don't think it was the ROs Dwayne, they seemed like a nice bunch, and Don's gun didn't help either did it? ;Q Well most of the ROs were on the ball. ;)

8. 40blaster

40blaster

I don't think it will help the shooter move through the match so much but it will help GSSF staff when it's time to do the score consolidation thing. One thing very important, the screen will have to be improved drematically so I can see the thing or it will take some poor RO's all day to compair his info to my score card because score keepers do make mistakes and I will not walk away from a target unless I can see what the score keeper writes down. On the twin "M" the RO called two C hits that were wrong and they walked towards the next target and I said "wait a minute, that aint right" and they did this to me on THREE targets. Maybe if the printer printed as each target was entered we could see it. Man, that's rule number one, don't let the RO cheat(absent mindedly of course) you out of points.

9. glockNstein

glockNstein

Dwayne,Thanks for your patience. It was very frustrating to me to have the gun malfunction like that.;c ;c

The delay did not appear to be the RO's as much as it was the fact that some shooters had bar codes and others did not. Fireglock and I were supposed to be in the next "squad" to shoot on the "M" when we were moved to another setup to help assist in the backup of shooters. This move caused us about another hour and a half delay in shooting that stage. But sometimes that's just the way things go. In fact Dan and Nan were with us before we were moved on the "M", and Nan had said they hadn't shot anything yet. FG and I had already shot the 5 to G. The next time we saw Nan and Dan they were done shooting the entire match. We were still waiting on the "M". That was frustrating, but again that is the way it goes sometimes. All part of the learning curve.