Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recoil gunworks currently has these in stock

$430. These are not easy to come by (the 22 are the most common of the RTF though) and gunbroker currently has some for sale from $500 up to $800. not a bad deal at all at $430. i just ordered one. PD trade in, no agency specified but I am going to email to find out. $430 seems a bit steep to me for an LE trade in but these days. I am not waiting for another chance. They were in stock last week and sold out. I guess they got a second delivery.

I have wanted one of these for years. my first gun purchase was a 22.3. I carried a 22.4 for 5 years at the SO. they would not let me buy it despite my desperate attempts when I left. this will bridge that gap for me. I still want a Gen 5, but will get one in time. I was on the fence about this for a while, but my friend finally convinced me. The G5s ain't going anywhere, and these are only getting harder to find.

For those unfamiliar, the RTF2 grip texture is about like a fine grit sandpaper. the purchase it affords you on the gun is unlike anything else I have handled. I have no idea why they did not become more popular. I have heard they tore up uniform shirts, but cannot confirm that. The 9s are harder to get, less numbers ran, but they are out there. Recoil also had agency stamped 17s in this batch, at $600 a pop.... sold out in less than 6 hrs.

I will update thread on receipt and advise which agency they came from as well. I will cross post in the .40 subforum, but it receives almost no traffic.

LCG

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Sadly I missed the 17’s because I was working. When the 22 with gills were being blown out a few years ago I ended up with 6.5. The coolest one was like new from the Alabama prison system.

the .5 was when Recoil had complete 22 Gilled top ends. It now lives on an fde rtf frame

will be following the thread with keen interest.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly I missed the 17’s because I was working. When the 22 with gills were being blown out a few years ago I ended up with 6.5. The coolest one was like new from the Alabama prison system.

the .5 was when Recoil had complete 22 Gilled top ends. It now lives on an fde rtf frame

will be following the thread with keen interest.
that is awesome. if you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for yours, if you remember. I feel like I recall them being around the $300 mark some years ago. if only I had gotten one. had more money back then, too! but with inflation these days, $400 still aint a bank breaker for a glock.

·
Premium Member
5,630 Posts
I picked one up a few years ago. It has some wear, but is a cool gun. It isn't what I would consider collectable, but it certainly has a hint of uniqueness to it! Congrats on yours!

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Placed an order on one, I'll update when I receive it.
mine shipped yesterday, should be here monday.
I do need to state I was double charged for it. on noticing I received a prompt email on memorial day stating a refund would be issued, and did receive an email with a receipt for the credit. a credit appeared on my account memorial day but since vanished and am still showing 2 purchases on my card. I was riding it out to see what happens, but still showing 2 today. I just sent a follow up email. I will likely call navy federal tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe your gettin two.
no, just the one. got a receipt for one, and ship notification for one. the email I got back from the employee stated it was a mix up. trying to be patient, but I don't like an extra near $500 charge on my card.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Hmm...I currently have a small stash of 40 S&W and no Glock Four-Tay to shoot it with. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
15 Posts
mine shipped yesterday, should be here monday.
I do need to state I was double charged for it. on noticing I received a prompt email on memorial day stating a refund would be issued, and did receive an email with a receipt for the credit. a credit appeared on my account memorial day but since vanished and am still showing 2 purchases on my card. I was riding it out to see what happens, but still showing 2 today. I just sent a follow up email. I will likely call navy federal tomorrow.
I hope it gets resolved for you quickly.
In my case I don't have enough in the account I used to get charged twice

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hope it gets resolved for you quickly.
In my case I don't have enough in the account I used to get charged twice
I am hoping so too. I am giving the company time to iron it out before I get up w/ the bank (hopefully no time limit on when you can file a claim), as I have ordered from them before and it's been nothing but pleasant. they are not a no name outfit and I have ordered many times from them, but this is my first gun purchase. and again, prior emails are answered promptly.

I am not one to over react and go crying to BBB. hopefully it is squashed here this upcoming week. my second payment on our vacation rental is hitting early next week too (air bnb, I like how they let you split payment so it is not such a hit upfront) so I need this transaction... gone. lol.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update, emailed recoil yesterday evening. refund is showing on acct. today. not sure what took navy fed a week. Recoil said it was on their end, as they completed what they needed to. and it would seem that was the case.

·
Registered
11,497 Posts
Recoil had some at $499, from Indiana.

Tucson tactical

Kings firearms

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good luck with these purchases. I once bought a G22.4 police trade in from Recoil Gunworks (along with extra magazines) and the thing looked like it was issued to a motorcycle cop who dropped the gun on the pavement every couple of blocks during his rides. Oh, and this was after I requested (nicely, I might add) they send me one of their nicer examples...perhaps they didn't like that request and thought they would show me.

·
Registered
11,497 Posts
I know how you feel, I have an agency G-22 a fellow Deputy I was with in the Academy died while on his motorcycle wearing it and the grip was badly chewed. His wife didn’t want it, and after the Sheriffs Department surpluses them I bought it specifically from Keislers Wholesale.
I put Talon grips on it, and you would never know.
One of my most valued Glocks.
RIP Jeffery.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts