1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I thought I heard him say "you'r not sworn, don't touch me."

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I watched the video in the original post, and then saw that there are a bunch of similar videos involving the sheriff.

The sheriff seems to have no idea how bad these videos make him look.

As always, seems to be a lot of backstory leading up to this point.

Reactions: bdcochran

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like a pissing contest gone bad. I the the PD guys were very patient and professional, the sheriff was a dick.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZOsUaL-2pg

Looks like the Sheriff called out his tactical team at one point. Dudes in balaclavas with cans on their guns showing up because the police department was service a warrant signed by a judge. That is some straight up Bundy Ranch crap right there.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Little dictators refusing to recognize anything other than their own little ambitions.
Both groups decided to bring overwhelming armed backup. I really wonder how these rank and file cops and deputies would have reacted if someone got froggy and fired a shot. Do they go all civil war and start popping off at the first guy in a uniform different than theirs or start looking for the guy who fired the shot?

·
Unfair Facist
27,044 Posts
In NC, unless I missed something recently, only the Coroner can arrest a Sheriff.
In the Southern states the Sheriff is the chief law enforcement officer in the county and city police would not be investigating or arresting him. That would be handled by the appropriate State police agency.

In FL. For instance, that would be FDLE.

·
Unfair Facist
27,044 Posts
As Dragoon said...this should Not have been handled by a local agency...I guess NC is different, but the state police would have been my choice
Yep, and given the animosity between the Sheriff and the police chief it reeks from just the optics alone.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep, and given the animosity between the Sheriff and the police chief it reeks from just the optics alone.
Can you imagine the egos involved here? From the Sheriff refusing a signed court order to the Chief thinking that the best course of action upon this refusal was to "call his crew" and see if he could visually outgun the SD.

I have no idea how LE licensing works in NM but I'd imagine this is a pretty shining example of why that kind of thing is controlled at the state level.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts