PC to home theater?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by pesticidal, Aug 13, 2007.

1. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

I need to get a new receiver, and I was wondering if there is any Mfg's out there that have some type of hook-up to grab MP3 songs off of my computer to play them.

[​IMG]

2. Mabo

Mabo Want a beer?

You can get sounds cards for your computer that have S/PDIF outputs (either optical or coax). You can then run the output to your receiver and play the files directly from your computer and have the sound come out your main home theater system. That is what I am doing and I enjoy it. As for someone making a receiver that can decode mp3, I don't know of any that exist but I haven't really looked into it.

3. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Ah! That'll work as good as anything. Thanks.

4. Mabo

Mabo Want a beer?

5. Hooah

Hooah

Check out the Squeezebox.
    http://www.slimdevices.com/

Squeezebox is the affordable way to deliver music into every room of your home. It plays a wide variety of digital music files, including uncompressed and lossless formats—across a true 802.11g wireless network connection.

Squeezebox will revolutionize the way you listen by freeing you and your music. Its convenient and stylish form makes it ideal for placing in any room, whether connected to an existing hifi system or simply powered speakers. By utilizing true 802.11g Wi-Fi networking and dual internal antennas, your listening is no longer restricted by cables and connectors.

Squeezebox offers you the widest choice of listening options beyond your digital media collection. The product includes a directory of thousands of internet radio stations and features Pandora's personalized music service and Rhapsody's 2 million song collection. All internet music streaming services are even available when your computer is turned off.

6. RaiderRodney

RaiderRodney Just Win Baby

Yep, this is what I do...but I swear my Altec Lansing's sound just as good as my Onkyo home theater :p