close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pay Pal

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Coolknight, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Coolknight

Coolknight

Dear Eric,

Ebay and PayPal are not anti-gun as such, they have been forced to get out of the firearms stuff under legal pressure from a number of E.U. Governments, which claim that even if items are not intended for sale outside the USA, they constitute a breach of their local laws, Germany now goes as far as to claim that it is illegal to have websites about firearms and they're looking for ways to close down firearm related sites on a world wide basis. The only exception according to the German government is when you're a manufacturer or dealer. However, these countries quickly found out that there is such a thing like "freedom of speech and information" in some nations.

Not only firearm stuff is concerned but many other items which would be illegal to own in these nations. Maybe you remember the German WW2 relics problem, a German court ordered Ebay to stop the sale of these, even outside Germany or face a hefty fine. Ebay had to comply at the end.

This E.U. nonsense is going to extremes, with reported cases in Switzerland were E.U. gov. folks have been taking pictures of cars parked near gun ranges during big events to ID Swiss gun owners (Switzerland does not have a gun registration system).

So... Ebay / Paypal are just under pressure to act this way, as always it's the E.U. which is doing what it can to ID, restrict etc. anything in relation with guns, even if it is not on their territory.

Lets face it, the E.U. is just a new "Soviet Style" system, probably the greatest threat to freedom loving people in the world in the next 50 years. Even China will soon be a nation with more freedom then the E.U.

Regards,
    Coolknight

2. xtrik8ifc

xtrik8ifc

Well here in the U.S. I've just used my freedom and closed my account.Lets see who can apply more presure.A few Left wing Gov. or the people who pay there bills everyday.

3. gudel

gudel

i use paypal for my ebay auction. there's no alternative that is EASY to use and more convenient than paypal.
    if the people who don't like gun boycott people who do like guns, man, i'll be out of work.

4. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

Even if what you say is true, that makes the situation worse, in my opinion, not better. If what you say is true, they are selling out the rights of Americans to appease a foreign government, or to curry favor with a foreign government. If this was a simple matter of some countries not wanting certain content displayed in their countries, filters could be put in place in E-Bay's system to accomplish this. I do this kind of work for a living and I know how easily this could be done. This entire situation disgusts me. Eric

5. Soujurn

Soujurn Deus Diligo USA

I quit using Ebay and PayPal long ago. Now I know I will never use them again.

6. ExiledViking

ExiledViking

I, too, just closed my PayPal account.

Are we really going to let some other country(countries)
    rule the way we live!? Hell no!! ;l

7. Gman_357

Gman_357

Voting with my feet... Account closed. Thanks for letting us know Eric. Gman_357

8. lymph

lymph

Eric, it may be too late to find out, but did you ever receive the paypal donation I sent you on March 24th? Or did PayPal steal my money because it's going to a gun board??!?

9. Mikegunner

Mikegunner Senior Member

Pay Pal got much worse when they went from an independent company to being owned by E-Bay!!! Of course, E-Bay saw someone making money off their backs and figured they wanted to have all the action ---

Mike