Pay Off Debt

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by charlie-xray, May 22, 2007.

1. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

Naisip ko lang while sipping coffee, bakit kaya hindi na lang ibayad ng RP government ang isang part ng Philippines sa US para ma-off set na ang utang natin at ng umunlad naman ang Pinas.

Ang tanong:

WHY NOT?
    :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

ADVANTAGES?

DISADVANTAGES?

Just thinking aloud.

2. Kingsun

Kingsun Guest

Utang ba ang dahilan kung kaya hinde tayo umuunlad ???

3. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

One of the many kingsun,

4. Kingsun

Kingsun Guest

I hear you. My thoughts are the utang is a direct result of a lot of negative things/thinking/management style and of course corruption that needs to be corrected. Ay naku po, sumamsakit ang ulo ko just to think about it.. LOL! Have a great day, Charlie-Xray!

5. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

It would be an insult to those who bled and died for this country of ours...

6. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

masalimuot ng konti ito. samahan na lang kita minsan sa starbucks :supergrin:

7. riddler

riddler

could not have said it better!!!!

8. maskytrading

maskytrading Guest

Which part do you suggest? Luzon, Visayas or Mindanao?:upeyes:

9. 3kings

3kings SalingPusa

why not confiscating all the illegal wealth of those in office down to LGUs and use that to pay for all the nation's debts

10. JBJ16

JBJ16

Yup! At saka corrupt na Govt., and lutong makaw na Constitutional Provision on Debt Servicing. (Lawyers, I need help here:) )

Do you know that 60% of the annual budget automatically goes to debt servicing every year? That is too much! Kumbaga sa personal loan, I'm willing to forego debt payment, for a while kung magugutom naman pamilya ko. Say instead of 60% of the budget, gawin ko munang 10% for the next 10 years and spend the money on the country's major Infra. Projects (more bridges, alternate highways aside from NLEX and SLEX etc. etc.)

Kaya nga lang, its a Constitutional edict, short of another revolution or coup de etat could change that onerous and highly disadvantageous provision.:hugs:

11. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

Glad to hear your thoughts about this, I opened this topic here because me and a couple of my pinoy officemates here were having this discussion as well in our lounge.

Just look at how Pakistan recovered, after the US strike-off their debt they are building left and right.

I just wish and still hope for our country to grow.

12. Allegra

Allegra

di naman mawawala corruption hangga meron patronage politics , kaya balik pa rin yung kasalanan sa mga tao :)
    Relax lang mga fafa , if the last election was any indication , marunong na ngayon ang pinoy
    Plus the ofw 's dollars is bigger than what any investor can bring to the country

13. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Guest

Sure po hehehe, regards.

14. riddler

riddler

Huge debt?? Definitely a huge factor but how did we accumulate so much debt in the first place through the years??

I never knew the answer until I came home a couple of years ago. I saw a guy at an intersection who runs towards the cars while the light is red and sells bottled water and even wipe the car's windshield. He keeps himself occupied when the light is green by texting on his brand new (or seems to be) phone.

Since I buy bottled water in bulk at the grocery, I pretty much was able to figure out how much this guy makes per bottle.

It just amuses me to observe someone who does not make much squander his limited resources on such a costly and extravagant pastime. I thought at first that this was an isolated case but after a couple of days into my vacation, I noticed that almost everyone seems to be more concerned of where to get their "pang-load" than their next meal.

This I think is what is slowly hurting our people,...the extravagance and disenchanted sense of priority. While this guy in my observation seems to be hard-working, at the end of the day, how much really is he going to take home?

15. mikol

mikol Guest

vanity spares no one, ki mahirap man o mayaman.
    besides, having a cellphone in the Philippines is not even considered as vanity anymore but a necessity.

the guy works hard to satisfy his needs, either for his luho, layaw consumption or "business transaction" man.
    malay natin nag txt siya sa supplier nya ng tubig na paaubos na stock nya at nagpapadeliver sya. ;) ;) :supergrin: fish brother.:)

16. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

You can always make money to pay off a debt.
    You give up real estate now, you will never get it back.
    Lots of countries operate profitably despite a
    massive external debt, and quite a number are mired in
    stagnation despite owing very little.

As for why the Philippines is the way it is...
    When you guys actually come to agree on the precise definition
    of "progress", then you can begin to have a real discussion
    on why it is said to elude the Philippines.

There's a wide gulf between necessity, and desire.
    "Progress" seems to fall somewhere between those two points.

:)

17. riddler

riddler

I guess it could be. I keep thinking how we survived all those years when the only phone in school is at the principal's office. And if you are out of the house and need to call home, you will have to pay 50 centavos to make a call to your nearest neighbor who has a phone because you don't have one.
    :supergrin:

18. gen1

gen1

Bad idea.... think Louisiana Purchase, biggest blunder the french ever made.

OK naman ang balance of payment natin ngayon because we're very good at exporting a renewable resource - Overseas Filipino Workers - One Million Strong in 2006.