close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pavel RKC, etc.

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by DBradD, May 18, 2007.

1. DBradD

DBradD

A question for those familiar with the work of Pavel and others.

I've done enough CrossFit to know about what they think about training. I also have Enamait's Never Gymless and will probably get II when I have the space and equipment someday.

I am curious if there are additional things worth learning from Pavel's books that one would miss with CF and RE's stuff.

I have Super Joints. If Matt Furey's CC is a 1 and RE's NG is a 10, Super Joints is about a 3.5, although I have picked up some stuff. Are his other books better?

2. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Brad,

I have it. Been a while since I read it. Let me review it and I'll get back to you. Give me a couple days.

JAck

3. DBradD

DBradD

Thanks Jack. Take your time. I'm unlikely to yo-yo my exercise plan any time soon! Diet plan--now that could be a different story...

4. proactive

proactive

I agree fully with your rating scale. I'd give Pavel's PTP a solid 5. Beyond Stretching would get about a 3. He really needs a better editing and/or writing staff.

IMO Pavel's best offering is his RKC dvd, which of course is only useful if you're interested in kettlebell training. I'd give it a 6.

I can barely stand all the cheesy "comrade" stuff.

5. Mas

Mas

If you want to incorporate kettlebells into your workouts, there are some exceptional tapes available on the market. One of my favs is a video procued by Senior RKC Brett Jones. The video is meant to teach kettlebell techniques to athletes and physical training clients, but it should be in everyone's collection.