Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have a pathetic life? I got to thinkin at the salt mine yesterday I have a very pathetic life, I mean GT IS almost my entire life. During the week I surf GT then hit the salt mine, come home at the end of the day surf GT again for an hour and a half or so, go to bed and do it all over again. Quiet a bit of my conversations with people revolve around GT, I say this cat on GT did such and such, another cat did so and so, and I read on GT such and such happened at such and such a place. A VERY big percent of my life is GT. Do I need to get a damn life:headscratch::dunno:

·
Registered
21,510 Posts
You need to throw in some getting hammered and getting women once in a while.....but otherwise it's okay.

·
Deus Diligo USA
3,204 Posts
Okie, examining your life from time to time is a good thing. Otherwise suddenly you are looking at 60 and wondering where it all went and how are you going to spend the the remaining years you have left.

Spending a lot of time on GT isn't the worst thing in the world. I spend a lot of time here too. It's fun.
But there is nothing wrong in getting involved in other things too.
Try volunteering some time to help others.
Food banks may need someone with a truck.
Do you attend a church? Do you have any spiritual leanings? You can pray and ask the Lord if you are squandering the talents He has given you.
Often these little nagging ideas come from God as a little nudge.
Anyway, that's how I feel about such things. Not trying to be preachy.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
16,591 Posts
You just need a "CAT" to go with all the "Cats" you know

:wavey:

·
Sarcasm Inc.
16,591 Posts
And then you could trade off that kimber for a """"COLT"""" 1911:whistling:

:wavey:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Do I have a pathetic life? I got to thinkin at the salt mine yesterday I have a very pathetic life, I mean GT IS almost my entire life. During the week I surf GT then hit the salt mine, come home at the end of the day surf GT again for an hour and a half or so, go to bed and do it all over again. Quiet a bit of my conversations with people revolve around GT, I say this cat on GT did such and such, another cat did so and so, and I read on GT such and such happened at such and such a place. A VERY big percent of my life is GT. Do I need to get a damn life:headscratch::dunno:

Only you can really answer that question. Don’t be too hard on yourself GT is the equivalent of _______ insert any adult clubs of yester year. People haven’t changed we still congregate its just with technology now and it better imo because we can now get a much broader opinion from friends from East ,West,North or South.

·
Banned
13,711 Posts
Okie- The sweet part is, you come here and you got an instant supportive family that loves you. I like coming here to, it helps take the edge off. You got all the good people coming in here like PBCounty and the others like Rach, Malinda, Eddie and Eric. I can blame you for having such a good support system!

Your only problem is you own a Kimber and not a Glock, right? We got you here brother! Oh yeah, if life is getting you down, you know what fixes things- TACOS!

TBHR

PS- If you need something extra, fly out here and I will take you to the Moon Light Bunny Ranch. You'll love it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Many people born before Generation-Y seem to have some hangups regarding the Interwebs and communication conducted therein. To these people who didn't necessarily grow up using the internet, they think in terms of 'real world' and 'online.' For the younger cats the line is much more blurred, what with the Facebook and Myspace and Message Boards and Video Games, they have their 'real life' and 'online' friends/acquaintances bunched in the same pool. They're largely communicating with them the same way.

I wouldn't sweat spending an inordinate amount of time on message boards- they're pretty stimulating places. Some guys hang out in their garages/shops with the same 2-3 buddies night after night, just bull****ting. I think you're scratching most of the same basic needs as those guys while you hang out here. You give up a little closeness and realness day to day. But you also gain a lot of bredth buy talking to more people and reading on a wider variety of topics. At any rate it's worlds better than the lady who comes home to her cats and watches 6 hours of TV!

·
Sarcasm Inc.
16,591 Posts
Buddy after 11 years of working nights myself I feel for ya.

Lighten up on yourself ,you are good people

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Good morning Okie. Every one goes through these phases occasionally. Maybe you just need to take a little break, get some fresh air, so to speak. You might need to take a little vacation to clear your head some and give you time to think about what you would like to do.

I can't speak for everyone on GT, but the short time that I have been a member here I have really enjoyed your many posts. You always have something cheerful to say or a word of encouragement, not to mention the fact that you make me laugh. I always look forward to what Okie has to say about the subject.

Sojourn gave you some good advice. Look around, there are plenty of things to get involved in that will give you a good sense of worth and belonging. Look to God for strength, guidance and comfort.

·
Dumb Ape
2,031 Posts
If youre bored I have plenty of yard work you can come help me with.:supergrin:

·
S.n.a.f.u.
696 Posts
Okie,
I think you are too dear to GT to have us BS you and tell you that is 100% fine. You don't lie to ppl you care about.
So yes, that is a bit excessive. I am on the net pretty much every day and night, but sometimes get in the car and just get away from it all for a bit. You can't revolve your whole life around it.
So no...not pathetic at all. But yes, you do need some variety in there too.
Maybe see if there are GT'ers near ya and start a REGULAR gathering where you just have a barbeque or go shooting or play cards or something on a regular basis.
When I seem to get obsessed with the net, I step back a bit, and realise that most of it is just pixels. Then I get online and google "internet addiction" ...lol
Lots of info on it online. hehe

Chaos

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Okie, I've been talking to you and reading your posts on a variety of gun boards for several years, and no sir, you do not lead a pathetic life. As someone else said, this board and others of it's type serve as the barber shop, or tavern of old. It's where adults gather to discuss the topics of the day, to think about how their lives are affected by things going on around them. We discuss things of mutual interest, politics, religion, anything that crosses our minds. This is just the broadest and most convenient method of communicating with your fellow man.

If you think you want to do something more, do it. Volunteer with local groups that interest you. Meals on Wheels always needs folks with reliable transportation and some free time on their hands. Check in with nursing homes, if your "real life" personality is anything like what you portray online, the folks there would probably be overjoyed to have someone to talk to.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not pathetic at all.

This stuff is my tv. Very seldom watch it, spend most of my evenings on here. Stay busy during the day, and a little pooter at night. :whistling::wavey::rofl:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Life is what you make of it. If you are even asking this question, then your life may well be "pathetic". I found myself, several years ago, spending WAY too much time on the net on a variety of websites. I sort of one day declared that I had to live a "real" life, and I must say I've been happier since. I spent more time on a hobby I've loved my whole life (model building), started a new one (shooting), met a woman and got married, have more friends that I spend time with, etc.

GT and similar sites are good, informative, etc., but IMO, the world of twitter, texting, websites, etc., is a fantasy world that is no substitute for real life. If I lived in the Yukon or someplace else in the middle of nowhere, all of this stuff would be more important. But living in civilization, well, real life is better. For me.

·
Rebuilding
185 Posts
If you have to ask, then yes, probably you do. Then again, it's easily solvable - find another hobby you can explore on the side.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
I have a coworker who watches 6-7 hours of T.V every night. She TiVos, watches nearly every reality show and can quote names of people on Idol, who danced with who on Dancing with the Stars and has a weekly email newsletter on Survivor.

Would you be surprised she isn't married...has no boyfriend...weighs 300#+ and smells of cheese

that sir is pathetic

·
Banned
8,027 Posts
There are a million other things you could be doing that would be pathetic. You won't be hanging around GT so much when you get a lady friend to play with. :poke:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts