Path to Reparations - New California Law

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by nmk, Sep 30, 2020.

1. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

[​IMG]

Chui likes this.
  2. eagle359

eagle359 Glock Fanboi

I would give them a free cruise and a two week vacation to the city of their choice in Africa. This would give them a chance to see how good they have it in the USA.

3. Chui

Chui

I love travel. I’d take them up on that but I’d prefer to fly.

They just might come back and vote Republican!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Chui

Chui

You got it all wrong. Your great great great grandmother was a House Slave.

Get the money and we all put our money together and bail to some island and start a “New AMERICA” community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Gino

Gino Millennium Member

VERY good question.

glock collector likes this.
  6. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

That would be expensive. There are a lot of slaves in the US, right now. Ironically, around 62% are owned by black men.

Resqu2 likes this.
  7. CAcop

CAcop

There was a surplus pre covid. In two months of shutdowns it was gone. That is why Newsom opened up the state as much as he could. Early on he got pissy with Modoc County for opening up, threatening to yank all licenses for county residents for businesses, etc. Then he realized it was stupid to shut down a county with 0 cases.

8. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

So how many current CA residents were slaves?

What's next, the Jews can get reparations from Egypt? Hey, maybe we're on to something!

9. ddbtoth

ddbtoth

10. Vito

Vito

The insanity of this apparently is lost on the people who live in that state. They are being destroyed by wildfires, overwhelmed by the homeless, and totally broke but talking about reparations. The nation started down this path with "affirmative action" where innocent people were discriminated against because other white people, years before, discriminated against black people, and undeserving black people were given advantages even if they had never been discriminated against. I had a black friend who was from a very wealthy family in VA where his father was a funeral director who had invested wisely in land and by the time my friend was starting college his father was worth many millions. Yet my friend got a full scholarship based on affirmative action. While in college he met his first wife, also on a free ride under affirmative action, whose own father was a full professor at an Ivy League college and who was certainly not disadvantaged in any way. What was done for the poor white kids who didn't get accepted at that college because the slots that were held for affirmative action black kids? Reparations is just another step in the transfer of wealth movement, and without moral or logical basis.

One of my sons lives in southern CA where his wife is employed as an attorney with a major university. I keep asking him when will he have had enough of having his young children have to get used to seeing mentally ill homeless people sleeping in the doorway of their building, or observing these homeless urinating on the sidewalk, or worse. Other than the great weather I see nothing of value in CA. And yet, enough well to do folks must like it there since the landlords can still get away with charging folks like my son $4,500 a month rent for a small 2 bedroom apartment in Santa Monica. Crazy.

11. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

California is doomed to collapse economically. I see swift and detrimental changes coming to that state over the next 5-10 years.

12. sarge83

sarge83

Questions to be asked:
    How black do you have to be? Seriously, according to the DNA test of my Dad he is 90% English, 5% Dutch and 4% Irish 1% black ancestry yet he is white, white headed and dark blue eyes? Does he get reparations?

Will there be a skin tone test? Will there be DNA test? Will you have to prove that 150 years ago you had a slave relative? I can see this getting rather nasty rather quickly.

13. Vito

Vito

Maybe it will be like how the Left classifies gender: you are what you "feel" that you are. So if you look as white as Ivory soap, but "feel", deeply in your heart, that you are BLACK, then you might qualify.

14. ddbtoth

ddbtoth

Looks like a serial fork abuser.

sombunya likes this.
  15. RenoF250

RenoF250

CA was a slave state, they used Chinese slaves to build their railroad but I guess Chinese don't have enough melanin to matter.

Is anyone going to call these idiots out in public? This is another thing that annoys me with Trump, he has the podium for the right and he uses it for stupid crap like that "don't ever use the word smart around me Joe" speech. He needs to do an Obama and have a racial equity czar and make it someone like Larry Elder. Elder would call these people out.

Lagamor likes this.
  16. cougar_ml

cougar_ml

So descendents of slaves.
    Does that mean they'll be paying out to the Irish?

17. sombunya

sombunya Use it up, throw it away

Calling them on it will do no good. Zero. You see, your thinking patterns are normal and rational.

This is just my personal experience; these people are mentally ill. Things that abhor normal, patriotic Americans, they support and vice versa. Tell them the general population will be taxed in order to pay reparations to a few and they will be completely down with it.

This may sound like an over-simplification, but when it comes to hardcore liberal Leftists, things that are good are actually bad, up is down, black is white etc. Truly.

18. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

LBJ started the reparations and it’s been successful at buying votes ever since. That is what will kill our society.

19. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

In a state totally run by Democrats who are reliant on minority voters for their unending re-elections?

It's a done deal, the only question is how many zeros in the number.

At the Federal level, they're talking about $385,000 per Africa-American in one article I read, this article talks about $12 TRILLION or about $40,000 NET from every non-recipient. Call if $50,000 each, gross before taxes, probably more.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/12/slavery-reparations-cost-us-government-10-to-12-trillion.html

20. cougar_ml

cougar_ml

Sure, go ahead and do reparations.
    Make it a one time deal, and once it's over it will never happen again.

Suddenly you'l have a bunch of people that never had much money blowing the entire amount on houses and cars they can't afford to insure or upkeep, they'll lose them all when they can't pay the taxes on the property, you'll have a huge spike in crime from all the thugs that blew their money immediately, are bored, and looking for easy cash/goods.

At the end of it all, the people who aren't productive members of society will still not be productive members of society, all the money will be gone with very little actual improvement to show for it, and nothing will have actually changed. Many will be scammed out of the money by charlatans. Very few will use it within their means. A few will, and it will help those few, but I'm not getting my hopes up that everything will suddenly be rainbows and unicorns for everyone.