Patches

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Boots2150, May 23, 2020.

1. ak103k

ak103k

Glock or belt-fed, whats it matter? You either clean the gun properly or not. Single shots, Glocks, squirt guns, whatever, mine all get cleaned the same.

I know a lot of people seem to have differing ideas as to what "clean" is, but its either clean or its not. ;)

2. Toocool45

Toocool45

3. bigsteve113

bigsteve113

One of my old worn out XXXL T shirts, and a pair of scissors makes me about a 2 year supply of patches and gun leaning rags.

4. Grease Gunner

Grease Gunner

Let’s see-run a brush down the bore then an hoppes soaked mop followed a clean mop.

I’m not shooting corrosive ammo out of a Glock so I’m not as concerned. The belt feds on the other hand...yeah those will have more concern.

5. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

I am an old gun-nut...been at this now for 53 yrs...have never purchased store-bought patches...every old athletic sock or old white T-shirt I own has been cut into patches...heck, I even used to sell baggies of them on my table at the gun shows

6. jamppp

jamppp

I buy these on amazon. They have a variety of sizes (I use 3" for my 12GA, 2.5 for 9mm, and then some tiny .22 ones for my 22's. You can also get different amounts, small package or bulk...
    upload_2020-5-25_7-23-49.png

7. ak103k

ak103k

Theres generally a bit more to it than that, if you actually want to clean and re-lube any of them. Corrosive or not.

My one buddy used to literally throw his UZI in the dishwasher after shooting corrosive ammo, and then he cleaned it. I just stripped my MAC and dunked it in a sink full of hot soapy water, and rinsed it, then cleaned and lubed it. My old lady wasnt having it in the dishwasher. :)

I didnt shoot corrosive out of my MP5 or MP40, but they, like anything else, were always cleaned after shooting.

8. Grease Gunner

Grease Gunner

I guess I don’t know how to clean a firearm then. Guess completely taking them apart and using qtips, gun scrubber (or brake clean in a pinch) brushes and mops. But I must be an amature and yet my guns run 110%

To each there own

9. ak103k

ak103k

Lets be somewhat real here. NOTHING runs 100%, let alone 110%. ;)

Theyre your guns, do what you feel best.