Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to several places yesterday to find some cleaning patches for 9mm but didn't see any specifying that caliber. I'm sure there are some other sizes that work but I don't know what they are. Anyone have a suggestion?

·
Registered
781 Posts
38/357

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. "

·
Registered
397 Posts
I know you asked about different sizes but just wanted to share the following:
These work real good for cutting into patch size. It's all I use now. They also make a heavy duty version.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Back when I was more ambitious I would take an old white Hanes t-shirt and cut it up for my cleaning patches. If you can't find .38/.357.9mm better to go bigger than smaller. I bought a pack that was for running through a .22 barrel and they were worthless lol.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts

·
Banned
6,833 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I buy the bulk bags of 2.25 x 2.25 cotton patches. They work for everything. Cut in half or quarters works for 9mm, 38/357, depending on how tight you want them or if youre using a loop or jag.

Cut the quarters in half and they are good for .22's.

1000 count bag lasts a pretty long time.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
get a couple of bore mops, one to apply solvent, one to apply oil, wad up plain old paper towel to push thru the bore first to get the big chunks, then solvent mop/bore brush fallowed by a wad of paper towel to get gunk out, then oil mop fallowed by a wad of paper towel to get the excess oil.

when finished, wrap the mops in paper towel and squeeze out the excess, then wrap in paper towel and into a zip lock baggie for storage.

·
Private side
11,594 Posts
What is this kleaning of which you speak?

·
Registered
202 Posts
All of my old long johns are cut up for patches. The material works great with its unique texture. For all the southern folks long johns are what we wear as a base layer in the north when our jobs keep us working outdoors.;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I also use bulk shotgun patches. Cut in half for 9mm, 40s&w, and 45ACP. Cut in quarters for 22, 308, 243, 7mm.

Also have your xmas list include gun cleaning patches, family will provide all types every December.

I am with ak103k on this!

I buy the bulk bags of 2.25 x 2.25 cotton patches. They work for everything. Cut in half or quarters works for 9mm, 38/357, depending on how tight you want them or if youre using a loop or jag.

Cut the quarters in half and they are good for .22's.

1000 count bag lasts a pretty long time.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I try to keep some in stock just for these times. Some I have bought are marked 38/9MM-.45 sized. Theres different qualitys too. Try different brands and try to have some in stock when you find ones you like.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Cleaning patches? What are those? Lol

In all seriousness I use Qtips, a 9mm brush and a 9mm mop when I clean my Glock’s. I haven’t used a patch in literally years. Only time I will start using patches now is when I start shooting the belt fed guns but that won’t be til this fall once they transfer

1 - 20 of 29 Posts