Passed Tech this AM

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Cali-Glock, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Edited to add:

:banana: Yippie! I never finished the book I was studying for the exam and only went through a full course of exam questions using my nu-ware.com software last night. Wish I could have said I got 100% but 3 wrong is fine by me! It is still passing! I hope I am so bold as to sit for elements 3 and 4 next month!!

- Now I need to figure out what radio to get!

2. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman Guest

Good for you! Look at the equipment reviews on www.eham.net before buying a rig. Hurry up and get your general and we can QSO on hf.

73 de WI9NDY Rich in INDY

3. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

4. 2sigs

2sigs

Congratulations OM

73 de kc0aab

5. InjuriousGeorge

InjuriousGeorge

Speaking from experience, don't give into the temptation to run out and buy an FM handheld transceiver.

Unless you are into FM LEO satelites, Skywarn, ARES, CERT, community service, or just really into chatting I'd skip the FM-only radios and go straight to an all-mode mobile HF/VHF radio.

I can hit 37 FM repeaters from my house on the weekend, and at any time maybe one of them are in use. Sound exciting?

With an all mode all band radio you can at least use CW, SSB, FM, AM on the Tech bands including 10M SSB. Yesterday guys were talking to a ham in Brazil on 10M SSB. With CW and 100 watts you can reach anywhere in the world. You can also work digital modes with an inexpensive sound card interface.

6. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Update: 3-17-07 Passed General (element 3) this AM, took element 4 also - but I had done any studying so no suprised that I failed that element; but I'll study this next few weeks and take it in April!

7. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman Guest

Woo... Hoo... Watch out HF, here you come!
    :banana: :wavey: :bluesbrothers: :broccoli: :cheerleader: :cheers: :dancingbanana: :dancing: :elephant: :rock: :wave: :devildance:

8. ryanm

ryanm