close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pary Pooper

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Zeker, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Zeker

Zeker

A guy invites a new neighbor to a party. At the party, people are talking and mingling and generally having a good time when someone in the crowd yells out "Number 45". Everyone starts to laugh uncontrollably. A little later another person yells "Number 86". Again everyone starts to roll with laughter. This goes on for some time until curiosity gets the best of the new neighbor he asks his friend what is going on. "Someone yells out a number and everyone laughs. What gives." The guy answers that the crowd has partied together for many years and have been telling the same jokes over and over, so, to save time, have assigned numbers to them. The new neighbor asks if he can give it a try and yells out "Number 57". Silence comes over the crowd and everyone stops what they are doing and just stares at the neighbor. The neighbor thinks maybe #57 isn't a good joke so he yells out one that got a laugh before. "Number 45". Still deadly silence. Feeling pretty silly, the neighbor ask his friend, "What's going on". Somebody yells out a number and everyone laughs. I yell out a number and the place goes silent. The friend looks at his neighbor and explains, "Some people just can't tell a joke"!!!

2. Gunrnr

Gunrnr Senior Goofoff Millennium Member

I LOVE IT! My dad used to tell that joke when I was a little kid! (I have 20ish yr old kids of my own, now). Everything old is new again.

Thanks!