Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to follow up. I really appreciate the help for my thread and found the slide stop and slide lock I was looking for on Glockparts.com.

Now as a follow up. What other parts would you recommend swapping out for new parts on a police trade in? The thing has been USED and I like that about it, but with that comes wear. It was very dirty inside and has been cleaned well.

What would be your first check/replace?

Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which springs in particular? Would you pop a new guide rod and spring in? I have began upgrading sights, slide lock and stop so far.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I don't like the lines on the triggers so id swap out for a full size glock trigger(smooth trigger) if yours has the lines. But that's just me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what Im hearing is everything is GTG until it breaks. No concerns on even a police trade in? Anything I should grab as a back up. LOL, this is too easy.

·
Banned
2,733 Posts
Which springs in particular? Would you pop a new guide rod and spring in? I have began upgrading sights, slide lock and stop so far.
Definitely a new recoil spring assembly, that should be replaced as routine maintenance anyway, I replace the one in my G23 every 3000rds.

If it were me, I would also replace the trigger spring, firing pin spring, extractor spring, and firing pin safety spring. They are all cheap parts.

I would replace mag springs as well, if any mags came with the gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts