close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Parts For My New Glock 21SF 3rd Gen?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by teamhex, Jun 13, 2012.

1. teamhex

teamhex

[​IMG]

So I purchased my first Glock the other day and .45 for that matter. So far I'm really digging it even though I've only put 10 rounds through it. First thing I did was paint the engraving to make it pop. I know not everyone likes their guns that way, but personally rather like it.

So onto what I want to do. I want to turn this into a tactical pistol. I was originally going to buy an FNP Tactical or a USP Tactical, but decided that I wanted to customize a Glock instead. So onto my questions....

I want a stainless threaded barrel. My AR has a stainless barrel that accents the black and I figured it would look awesome if my side arm had it as well. I found this one on cheaperthandirt. Is it any good and will it work properly with my gun?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/GNS163-1.html

I would also like to get a talon grip and any other part that would help the function of the gun.

I personally really like the trigger on the gun so I don't really want to change that. I do however want to be able to release the slide easier.

Any recommendation for various parts would be great! Thanks

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  2. teamhex

teamhex

Does anyone know if that barrel will work on my newly purchased 3rd gen 21sf?

I'd like to get it ordered, but don't wan to buy it if it won't fit or work.

3. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Hello teamhex, welcome to Glock Talk.

That Lone Wolf barrel (LWD-2145TH) will definitely fit the Gen3 Glock 21SF 45ACP. Here is the product page on the Lone Wolf web site for confirmation:

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=964&CAT=237

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  4. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Congrats on the great pistol. :cool: The answer to your question is yes that barrel will work.

5. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

A true tactical pistol is not complete without a light/laser combo. The Streamlight Tlr 2 is a good one to get. [​IMG]

6. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

Just an FYI, adding an aftermarket barrel may lessen your gun's efficiency.

7. teamhex

teamhex

I think I'm going to throw a red dot on this gun. Can someone link me to a mount for a Burris fast fire II that will fit on this glock 21?

8. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

For your Red dot, take a look at the T.H.E. accessories mount at Glock World.

On a personal note, I think you would be better served with the Tac light/laser set-up. I've just never been a fan of hanging big stuff on top of a tactical hand gun, opting for lighter and mobile instead. For a race gun, maybe, but it's your gun and not my place to dictate what you do with it. I do like the white lettering though. :cool:

9. Rancho_Nirvana

Rancho_Nirvana X 1911 Addict

To each their own I suppose...

I'd just as soon not have the rail and finger grooves at all, no need for painted lettering or threaded stainless barrels, just give me an ext mag and slide release and let me go to work...

10. teamhex

teamhex

I bought a few things for it today. That threaded barrel, a thread protector, a raptor grip, a plug, and a Glock slide cover.

I may or may not go with a red dot set up. I think I'm happy with the way I have it, but I will have to get a suppressor heh.

11. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

The only way I would put a red dot on any serious use pistol would be if it was a Trijicon RMR. The RMR/Glock combo is gaining popularity with tactical shooters. Its not cheap by any means, but well worth it.

The Burris Fastfire is okay for plinkers, I have one I use on my .22s, but I WOULD NOT put it on a serious use/home defense pistol.

12. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Do I hear Gemtech in your future? :whistling:

13. teamhex

teamhex

I was thinking AAC Tirant

14. owl6roll

owl6roll

Buy AMMO! Practice, take a class/school and learn TACTICS. Like most will say...."Dude, buy ammo!"

15. smitty704

smitty704

But some night sights, a tac light, and ammo. Just putting a red dot on a pistol doesn't make it tactical.

If you want tactical, buy an AR.

16. teamhex

teamhex

LoL! I've got tactical covered.

http://imgur.com/a/5Z6mO#0

I'm mearly attempting to create a matching side arm for the range.