Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
16,870 Posts
We will simply lose 150,000 to 500,000 people to the Wuhan virus before the dust settles. It's pretty clear to me now.

We will have a round 2. It's stupid to think we will not.

If one or two people entering this country carrying the virus can infect more than a million people, then restarting the country with infected people walking around will restart the cycle.

Dam the torpedos, full speed ahead, and kill off the Boomer and anyone with medical complications. Seems to be what people want to do anyway, so why the hell not.

·
Registered
10,003 Posts
We will simply lose 150,000 to 500,000 people to the Wuhan virus before the dust settles. It's pretty clear to me now.

If one or two people entering this country carrying the virus can infect more than a million people, then restarting the country with infected people walking around will restart the cycle.

Dam the torpedos, full speed ahead, and kill off the Boomer and anyone with medical complications. Seems to be what people want to do anyway, so why the hell not.
Those mostly retired at risk people should stay home to protect themselves. They should be demanding that others sacrifice under penalty of law, what they can accomplish on their own. Obviously, those in nursing homes, etc should be protected by those charged with their care. Just like they were before this started.

Do you believe people are not responsible for protecting themselves? How are they be being forced to interact with others, that are not responsible for their care, and already obligated to protect them?

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,501 Posts

Boomers and people with medical complications can stay home, which they mostly do anyways. There's no need for the rest of us to stop our lives.

·
Señor Member
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I
He should have been arrested. I am against forced government shutdowns. However, assaulting an officer, or anyone, for merely asking people do something is not right. The officer could have been hurt.
I agree. I’d also ask that he wear his mask correctly and stay 6 feet away, we all have a shared responsibility to stop this pandemic.

·
Banned
547 Posts
Reactions: MFC4

·
Banned
35,021 Posts

If what he was requesting was a lawful order to stop the spread of a dangerous virus rather than just trying to assert his authoratay, why was he not wearing a mask?

It seems him not wearing a mask 100% proves the actual danger that he thought he was exposed to and the request he has was unreasonable given the level of danger he himself believed and ergo not lawful.

I would not convict the person who pushed him in. For all I know, they were scared of an unmasked person being within 6 feet them of them and they were merely acting is self defense pushing a dangerous, virus spreading person away from them.

Reactions: Wayward Son and dkf

·
Registered
774 Posts
Boomers and people with medical complications can stay home, which they mostly do anyways. There's no need for the rest of us to stop our lives.
I totally agree with this. I'm a "Boomer" (although I don't feel like one!). Even during the best of times I don't go many places... might go out once or twice a week to the range or hiking. Got plenty of gun and other projects to keep me as busy as I want to be. Tend to avoid most people and crowds when I do go out.... have never worn a mask yet. Why should life stop for everyone else because the scared ones can't look out for themselves.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,501 Posts
No harm, no foul. I wouldn't even charge.

Don't want to get wet, don't hang out at the pool. And stop being a nazi, it's not helping, or legal.
Yep. Cops need to stop being on the wrong side of this issue. They need to shape up and follow the ****ing Constitution, or ship out.

We are looooooooong past "I was just following orders." That **** doesn't fly anymore.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Two people walking together in the woods were probably related, ranger walks up to them, who may have the virus and not considering his threat to keep back himself. Sounds like self defence to me.

·
Texas Born & Bred
3,576 Posts

If what he was requesting was a lawful order to stop the spread of a dangerous virus rather than just trying to assert his authoratay, why was he not wearing a mask?

It seems him not wearing a mask 100% proves the actual danger that he thought he was exposed to and the request he has was unreasonable given the level of danger he himself believed and ergo not lawful.

I would not convict the person who pushed him in. For all I know, they were scared of an unmasked person being within 6 feet them of them and they were merely acting is self defense pushing a dangerous, virus spreading person away from them.
I'm calling Bulls%!t on every one of you who says this was okay. The Ranger, by all accounts in the attached article, was not being unpleasant, not demanding anything and was by all accounts being polite and was described by one witness as "being really sweet". He wasn't demanding anybody leave and was reminding everyone of what the local directives were. The jerk that pushed him in the water was seeking his 15 minutes and trying to get attention from his "peers" by taking on "The Man". He's a freaking dirtbag that seriously needs a beatdown for blindsiding an officer just trying to do his job. I don't agree with the current conditions, but that doesn't give ANYONE a pass for attacking an officer under any circumstances. Sick.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
I'm calling Bulls%!t on every one of you who says this was okay. The Ranger, by all accounts in the attached article, was not being unpleasant, not demanding anything and was by all accounts being polite and was described by one witness as "being really sweet". He wasn't demanding anybody leave and was reminding everyone of what the local directives were. The jerk that pushed him in the water was seeking his 15 minutes and trying to get attention from his "peers" by taking on "The Man". He's a freaking dirtbag that seriously needs a beatdown for blindsiding an officer just trying to do his job. I don't agree with the current conditions, but that doesn't give ANYONE a pass for attacking an officer under any circumstances. Sick.
Polity asking, under the guise of authoritay, for something that is Unconstitutional and wrong doesnt give a pass.

Jury nullification was decided in US v Moylan.

"We recognize, as appellants urge, the undisputed power of the jury to acquit, even if its verdict is contrary to the law as given by the judge, and contrary to the evidence. This is a power that must exist as long as we adhere to the general verdict in criminal cases, for the courts cannot search the minds of the jurors to find the basis upon which they judge. If the jury feels that the law under which the defendant is accused, is unjust, or that exigent circumstances justified the actions of the accused, or for any reason which appeals to their logic or passion, the jury has the power to acquit, and the courts must abide by that decision."

All those abusing power, remember, someone sitting on a jury may just understand that US v Moylan is the law of the land.

Reactions: The Machinist

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Please just go away, maybe go back to school!

Reactions: Glockbug

·
Essential Deplorable
974 Posts
The dirtbag who assaulted this officer of the law should have been pistol whipped into the hospital. That's my opinion and if you don't like it you can stick it where the sun don't shine. THREAD UNWATCHED

1 - 20 of 84 Posts