Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Formerly retired EE.
13,484 Posts
And what makes it worse is guys like me dont riot. We dont threaten. We dont burn flags. We respect the Law, and we'd be to busy working to do any of it anyways.
I think the point of the riots in France is that if pushed too far even the law abiding will riot. And unlike in France, we won't have to steal rifles from the police. It is a very sobering thought. I think I finally understand why the left is so adamant about disarming the citizens of the USA. I never bought the safety thing. If you really cared about public safety you wouldn't be as opposed to jailing violent criminals as you repeatedly have been.

Is it possible that gun control is really because they know this is eventually going to happen? And knowing this they would much rather we were disarmed when we reached our limit? That is coldly calculating if true.

I have heard how individual liberals talk about conservatives, it seems obvious they consider anyone who doesn't agree with them to be fascists who don't deserve any civil rights.

Could the recent talk an upcoming civil war be correct? What a great time to live in a purple state. Makes me think of the border states during the civil war: Missouri, Bleeding Kansas.

I pray we don't have a Bleeding Arizona. It would most likely to be internal and both sides are armed here.

·
Rational
14,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #87

·
Firm member
30,106 Posts
Seriously? What guns aren't banned to the general public?
There is an avid and sizeable hunting community in France. I've had the opportunity to go both boar (rifle) and pheasant (shotgun) there years ago, and I don't know if it has changed. Italy, too, was very well armed. HH

·
Rational
14,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
There is an avid and sizeable hunting community in France. I've had the opportunity to go both boar (rifle) and pheasant (shotgun) there years ago, and I don't know if it has changed. Italy, too, was very well armed. HH
Huh. Alright, I have indeed learned something today. :cheers:

·
Firm member
30,106 Posts
My wife and I were visiting friends who moved from here to Alsace back in October ‘08 and the very next morning all hell broke loose at dawn in the surrounding countryside. I asked and was told, “opening day.” HH

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
French ambassador on FNC said they were protesting for lower taxes for retirees... Heck Ya! :supergrin:

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Their weapons are registered and you know when it gets a little worse they'll be sending armed police to come and confiscate.

The French movement has now spilled into other EU countries. 4 weeks already, that's a revolution!

81 - 94 of 94 Posts