close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Parents and school bus drivers, bad comments

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ithaca_deerslayer, Mar 31, 2012.

1. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Usually I don't like to talk to real people. But the other day I made the mistake of talking to a human.

I have a kid who takes a school bus. This other parent has kids on school buses too.

She says to me:
    "Did you know bus driver Mary has a drinking problem and has even been drinking while driving the school bus?"

Also says to me:
    "Bus driver Sarah dresses in skimpy clothes and has been trying to flirt with some of the senior boys!"

And says to me:
    "Bus driver Paula called my kid names and then lied about it when I confronted the transportation supervisor"

What the heck? The third kind of complaint sounds like a normal "he said, she said" kind of thing. Maybe the driver said something or doesn't like the kid or the mom. Or maybe the kid was a jerk and got corrected by the driver. Who knows, who cares.

But the first two!?! Those are job ending kinds of accusations. How can someone spread gossip like that around? If she's saying it to me, someone who rarely stands around talking to people, what the heck kind of stuff is she saying to others, and what are they adding to the stories?

I feel sorry for the bus drivers who have to put up with this kind of slander.

Look, if you think a driver is drinking alcohol or driving while under the influence, call the police. Now. Don't call the transportation supervisor. Don't call the principle. Don't mention it to the PTA or tell rumors to other parents. If she's drinking, if your kid saw her swigging a Genny light, or you smell alcohol on her breath, or she ran you off the road, call the police at 911. They pull her over and test her positive, then you are the local hero. Oterwise stop talking crap like that about other people.

And as for the skimpy clothes of the other driver. Either she's in violation of some work attire policy or she's not. As far as NYS law goes, she can go topless in public if she wants. Just because she is a feminine acting pretty woman is no reason to get all crazy jealous offended if she happens to smile at a kid. If you see them naked alone in the back of the bus, then call the police. Otherwise, stop spreading crap about her.

/rant.

Can't believe I actually had that conversation :(

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  2. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

I'm a pretty timid person IRL, but I'd like to think I' call her out on the first one. If I thought someone that was driving my kid around was drinking, they would not be on that bus anymore.

3. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I told her if she thought it was happening to call the police at the moment it happens, and to not go to the school with such a complaint.

I think that shut her up on that issue with me, probably as a kind polite put up or shut up moment.

But she'll probably keep gossiping those kinds of accusations amongst the other parents.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  4. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: