close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pardon me, but I see that you're wearing...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock&KimberLady, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus Silver Member

...earbuds, attached to an iPod. Please let me jabber inane questions at you so you can't enjoy your music whilst shopping.

You SERIOUSLY want to know where I got my wedding set? You're DYING to know how much my shoes cost? You TRULY need to know if I like my Denali? You're ACTUALLY asking me if my hair is natural color?

...reeeeally?

(all real questions that required me to pop out an earbud and say, "What?")

Guess I need to work on my mean, don't-approach-me face. Those few hours plugged into tunes while doing the bimonthly grocery trip are the only time I truly get to myself.

I hate people.

/complaints off

2. RustyShackelford

RustyShackelford > OD Glock 32

Who even talks to people anymore? They're mostly idiots.

3. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

The only thing asked of me by strangers when I am shopping is "can you get that down for me?". I do get the occasional question about my car at gas stations though. It doesn't bother me, I like human interactions, even with strangers, so long as they don't seem threatening.

4. Gertz

Gertz

Just pretend you didn't hear them

5. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

I don't hate people, I feel better when they are around, as I have every reason to believe that everyone is contributing to our society. I just hate people that lie about things to make themselves look better. I hate myself now.

6. skinny99

skinny99 Crew Chief

I wear my earbuds every time I have to go to a big store. I hate talking to people or even hearing them talk. I do have enough respect to take them out of my ears when I check out. I see teenagers that don't take earbuds out when they are talking to other people. I wanna smack the taste outta their mouth. Respect/courtesy is a very rare commodity these days.

7. Glock&KimberLady

hee hee hee :supergrin:

8. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

I've got the "leave him alone" aura pretty much running all the time in public, anymore.

It took 50 years to fully develop it but, I has it.

9. dabigguns357

dabigguns357

Honestly i could care less about talking when off the clock.I fish shoot and hunt which all are very lnoisy or very quiet.All of which take full attention and all belong in the just for me time zone.

When hunting I go 9/10th's of time alone,when fishing i go mostly alone,and if i shoot i don't care who is with me,i can't hear them so it's all fine and well.

I love my me time.I have 3 noisy sons and a great wife who love to talk during the best part of any movie i choose to watch.:shocked:

I guess thats why i have very few friends and only one best friend.If i were to win lottery i would just about become a hermit because i would have everything i need and them some on my sprawling property.

Go to town 4 times a month for church and walmart for things i couldn't either make or have sent to me and i would be good.Someone said it best "fences make neighbors".

10. Glock&KimberLady

ZOMG WTF IS THAT?!??! Shuuuut uuuuup!!!! I'M WATCHIN THIS!!!

Good thing I have the "pause" button or I'd be in jail.

agreed, and the few good friends I have understand that I go dark for periods ranging from a few days to a month or more. Then I re-emerge and life continues.

I got to town 2x a month to hit Costco and Fred Meyer or Walmart. Just lately started going to movies with Mr. GKL now that Numbah One Son is old enough to stay with the girls for a few hours and not blow up the house.

But hitting town is becoming more and more stressful these days. And going somewhere crowded, like, say, a theme park or...*gasp* visiting SoCal?

Let's just say I don't do so well when it's all said and done. Then again, I *did* move to north Idaho for a reason...and it wasn't the overwhelmingly huge population.

11. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Do you like your Denali? :supergrin:

12. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

13. dabigguns357

dabigguns357

I got so mad when i was watching the Hatfields and McCoys that i made my wife go out and buy just i could watch it alone on my computer while she was at work and the boys were still asleep.

As for the pause botton,it really irks my wife when i do that.She says fine just go back to watching your stupid show or movie,it wasn't important anyway". Really dear if it wasn't that important then you wouldn't keep interrupting me while i'm watching it.:dunno:

14. GRD67

GRD67

So is that actually your natural hair color?

15. RHVEtte

RHVEtte

That doesn't get them on the defense fast enough. Don't say anything, just start using ASL. They instantly back up about ten feet and start apologizing. Which is even funnier because then I get to act even madder. WHY ARE YOU STILL TALKING? HAS THE USE OF SIGN LANGUAGE NOT SUFFICIENTLY INDICATED THAT I AM DEAF? DO YOU NOT REALIZE THAT DEAF PEOPLE CANNOT HEAR APOLOGIES, JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE?:rofl: As an added bonus, I know a very small amount of ASL.

Quick backstory: A buddy who's been to several countries explained that the phrases he used were mostly these: "Sorry, I don't speak XXX","Where's the bathroom?","Where's the hospital?", the numbers 1-10, and a bunch of the local profanity. His explanation for the last one being that when he recognized those words in a bar, that was the signal that it was time to leave said bar.:whistling:

Anyway, I sort of took that tip to heart when studying languages for fun, so at the moment, all I can sign in ASL is how to ask where the bathroom is, and how to curse very colorfully at people.:rofl:

Doesn't really work if you're wearing earphones, though.

16. Glock&KimberLady

1. Wedding set came from Jewelry District in Los Angeles
    2. Shoes were thirty bucks...I like Target
    3. Denali is an expensive overly complicated Mom-mobile...I love it
    4. Depends...if it was red, brown, or black that day :supergrin:

Sometimes I think people think up this stupid **** just to make me stop listening to music. GO AWAY, FIENDS!!!

(I do unhook when checking out, that would be rude)

RHVette - I may try that. I know a smattering of very rough epithets in multiple languages, although that backfired on me recently. While waiting for a table at a restaurant at my local ski resort, a daypasser bumped into me, hard, and didn't apologize. I barked something extremely nasty in Russian, and the hostess turned to me and trilled, "Par nu Russki?"

I almost died. She did say that what I'd said was spot-on accurate and with good accent, though. :rofl:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  17. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Who would ask you those questions? A stranger? A future sister-in-law?

I'm not sure who you aren't talking to :)

18. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

I must have the "leave me be" look down pretty well. I hardly ever get bothered in a store.

And when I do, it's usually pushy salespeople "Can I tell ya about this wonderful thing you're looking at?"

"No."

19. Glock_9mm

Glock_9mm

Fortunately I do not need much sleep, 6 hours is more than enough....I often get by on much less. I typically stay up much later than the rest of the family. My wife thinks its selfish, but after working all day and helping with dinner and the kids at night, it's the only time of day when the phone is not ringing and I am truly left alone, so I hear what you are saying.

Ever thought of wearing sun glasses?
    Scott

20. Glock&KimberLady

1. A gentleman in his 60s who wanted to get his wife the same ring set :shocked:
    2. College age girl who really, REALLY liked my wedge sandals
    3. Housewife type putting her kids in a minivan that she obviously hated
    4. Older lady, mid-60s with "blue" hair who apparently liked my (at the time) blazing red hair, clearly a fake color :supergrin:

Yah. Forreals. Things are kinda personable up here.