Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide which one I want for the long haul. Both are NIB and the same price. The ParaUSA is a 45ACP and the Sig is a 9x19. All other things equal, which would you choose and why?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Sig.

I would avoid Para like the plague, poor finish, poor reliability. There are much better options out there for the money. If you want to go with a 1911, a Springfield GI is around that price, and is a much better gun than the Para.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I like higher end 1911's typically, but the Para GI is a pretty decent example of a basic 1911. The finish on the parkerized version rubs off pretty easily, but other than that it's not bad. I was pleasantly surprised for the price.

I'm not a fan of that particular Sig pistol. It's blocky and generally has poor ergonomics. It is reliable though, if you have hands the size of a gorilla.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, that seems to be a consensus. The Sig also comes with night sights, which is a bonus. Guess I'll go with the Sig.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
I owned a PARA GI expert and they are correct. Its a good gun but the parkerized finish comes off when the wind blows. Mine was rock solid reliable but if I had to do it again I'd spring for a slightly higher quality 1911 next time. The finish was the deal breaker. keep in mind I am not a gun diva that keeps his guns collector perfect by any means, but I do expect the finish to last a while from simple hoslter use.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I pick up the Sig tomorrow. I know the slide is machined from a solid chunk of stainless, but I know nothing about Sig's 'Nitron' finish. How's it hold up to holstering and the moist climate here in NC?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picked up the 2022 today. I'm really impressed. Fits my hand like a glove and has a great trigger. Not sure why these are not more popular. Maybe just the lack of marketing, as it seems to be one hell of a deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts